Home

is there a way to fix the pre-determined sim scores?

This is a discussion on is there a way to fix the pre-determined sim scores? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
is there a way to fix the pre-determined sim scores?

every time i sim a the same game no matter how many times i try to get a different result..the same score comes up..is there a way to use the editor to find the pre-determined scores to fix this...ex: msu gets killed by wmu every time the game is simmed...exact same score and stats...please help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: is there a way to fix the pre-determined sim scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
every time i sim a the same game no matter how many times i try to get a different result..the same score comes up..is there a way to use the editor to find the pre-determined scores to fix this...ex: msu gets killed by wmu every time the game is simmed...exact same score and stats...please help

The editor does work to change scores. You can view the threads dedicated for the editors to find out how.

I find the easiest way however is to just Supersim the game or play it. If you Supersim the game in most cases a team like Mich State will blow out WMU. I save before the start of each week, and any game that I see with outrageous results I will personally sim it.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Sim scores are "pre-determined" because games are actually simulated when you advance from the previous week, in order to accommodate studio updates.

So if there are games where you'd like a specific outcome, you need to save before you advance a week, then sim the game(s) and either save or back out and reload to achieve desired outcome.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdb12
The editor does work to change scores. You can view the threads dedicated for the editors to find out how.

I find the easiest way however is to just Supersim the game or play it. If you Supersim the game in most cases a team like Mich State will blow out WMU. I save before the start of each week, and any game that I see with outrageous results I will personally sim it.
i was going over the editor thread..problem was finding an exact answer...plus there are now 3 threads on it..each over 40 pages..do you know which tabs have the predetermined scores ...i've been trying to find them myself..but no luck
Old 02-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
i was going over the editor thread..problem was finding an exact answer...plus there are now 3 threads on it..each over 40 pages..do you know which tabs have the predetermined scores ...i've been trying to find them myself..but no luck
I personally have not changed scores using the editor. There is a thread in the rosters section that talks about someone having a dynasty with all of the 2013 results. Ask him he would probably be your best resource.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

You can change the predetermined sim scores by using the EA DB Editor. What you want to do is save your dynasty in the week of the matchup that you want to edit. Then, in the editor, go to the Unkowns tab and scroll to the SGIN tab. From there, just find the game you want to change and input the score in the "Home Score" and "Away Score" tab.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead29
You can change the predetermined sim scores by using the EA DB Editor. What you want to do is save your dynasty in the week of the matchup that you want to edit. Then, in the editor, go to the Unkowns tab and scroll to the SGIN tab. From there, just find the game you want to change and input the score in the "Home Score" and "Away Score" tab.
Thanks for the help..gonna give it a try right now
Old 02-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Rookie

ok..so using your advice i am able to get the scores i want as the end result...record of the team reflects it...but there are a few downsides such as if you are in the team stat info looking at a team you simulated..it still shows the orignial score..also stats for individual players don't change...any work around for the stats to reflect the outcome of the scores? thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »