Home

Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

I'm considering abandoning the skill tree. It just feels too cheap to me. Not to mention once I acquire another point to upgrade somewhere that involves on the field stuff. Such as awr, tak, cat, etc. boost I find myself having to tweak my sliders again because things become all of a sudden too easy in some aspects of the game...Anyone ever try this and just not use the skill tree?
Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #18
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I'm considering abandoning the skill tree. It just feels too cheap to me. Not to mention once I acquire another point to upgrade somewhere that involves on the field stuff. Such as awr, tak, cat, etc. boost I find myself having to tweak my sliders again because things become all of a sudden too easy in some aspects of the game...Anyone ever try this and just not use the skill tree?
I only upgrade recruiting. I never touch the on-field upgrades.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 04-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 21

I never did get around to replying, but I just wanted to say I appreciate all the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
I only upgrade recruiting. I never touch the on-field upgrades.
We might have to institute that rule. Coachstradamus especially, always felt really cheap. Even plan to look into restricting the recruiting tree since it becomes stupid easy once you get insta-commit and recruiting points maximized.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #20
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
I never did get around to replying, but I just wanted to say I appreciate all the feedback.

We might have to institute that rule. Coachstradamus especially, always felt really cheap. Even plan to look into restricting the recruiting tree since it becomes stupid easy once you get insta-commit and recruiting points maximized.
No one should be using Coachstradamus if they are trying to challenge themselves and not play cheap. It's way to accurate in telling you exactly what the CPU is going to do.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #21
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

If you really want to challenge yourself in recruiting, pitching academic prestige is the way to go. I recruit at Tulane that way & it seriously limits the amount of prospects I can target. Most of the players don't care about academics anyway.

Personally, that's how I feel I'd recruit in real life anyway. Even if I were at Akron, I'd want to recruit like Stanford. I wouldn't want to recruit a bunch of goofballs to play for me if they don't wanna go to class. That's why its taken so long for me to build depth @ Tulane. Look at my signature after all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
If you really want to challenge yourself in recruiting, pitching academic prestige is the way to go. I recruit at Tulane that way & it seriously limits the amount of prospects I can target. Most of the players don't care about academics anyway.

Personally, that's how I feel I'd recruit in real life anyway. Even if I were at Akron, I'd want to recruit like Stanford. I wouldn't want to recruit a bunch of goofballs to play for me if they don't wanna go to class. That's why its taken so long for me to build depth @ Tulane. Look at my signature after all.

I'm sure this thread is for NCAA '14, not whatever version you're talking about.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #23
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm sure this thread is for NCAA '14, not whatever version you're talking about.
Didn't know that. My bad. I didn't know they took pitches completely out of NCAA 14, thought they were used in conjunction with the points system.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #24
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Didn't know that. My bad. I didn't know they took pitches completely out of NCAA 14, thought they were used in conjunction with the points system.

You can still recruit academics. Each prospect as three "pitches" he's interested in. You can make yourself only recruit guys with academics as one of these pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »