Home

Theoretically.... (Uniform Store)

This is a discussion on Theoretically.... (Uniform Store) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5
Theoretically.... (Uniform Store)

Couldn't they technically keep releasing uniform updates for the foreseeable future if the individual teams/uniform providers agree to give content?

I know most people have written off that there won't be any more uniform updates from EA, and you're probably right, but that's not what I'm bringing up.

Couldn't it be a similar deal to how Rock Band used to acquire the licenses for songs for their music library? The individual schools would have to give their consent to have their new uniforms represented in game.

I'm just bringing this up in theory. Does anyone have any insight into how the process really works?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Theoretically.... (Uniform Store)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWit28725
Couldn't they technically keep releasing uniform updates for the foreseeable future if the individual teams/uniform providers agree to give content?

I know most people have written off that there won't be any more uniform updates from EA, and you're probably right, but that's not what I'm bringing up.

Couldn't it be a similar deal to how Rock Band used to acquire the licenses for songs for their music library? The individual schools would have to give their consent to have their new uniforms represented in game.

I'm just bringing this up in theory. Does anyone have any insight into how the process really works?
The difference there is, Rock Band still had people employed to add music. Nobody from the NCAA team is still employed by EA.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
The difference there is, Rock Band still had people employed to add music. Nobody from the NCAA team is still employed by EA.
I know that. I'm talking about as far as the rights to continue it going forward. Or was it strictly that they could only do it for a year?

Plus, they may have gotten rid of the team, but its just art within the game. They wouldn't need a whole development team, but one or two art people. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sit here and act like I know what it takes to do something like this, because I don't. Just guessing. I mean, everyone sees the work that people from this site are able to do on TeamBuilder, so it shouldn't take more than one or two people.

From a business standpoint, I could just see it being a selling point come next September or so that EA would try and get more money out of this game by releasing a huge uniform update because A) you would get more money out of people still playing it, and B) with college football season starting up around that point, people may be looking to scratch the itch by picking up the game again after seeing that press release.

Again, I fully don't expect them to put out anymore uniform updates. I'm just throwing out some ideas.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

I think they'd have the right to do so, as licensing doesn't apply to updates of previously distributed software (I think) but it doesn't matter because they would have to employ someone to make the design changes.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

And it's apparently not as easy as just designing the art assets, as the Notre Dame uniform glitch shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I would say contractually no they couldn't. But I could be wrong.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

If they don't care about fixing the Notre Dame (one of the most popular teams in the game) glitch, then they don't care about giving us new uni packs. The way the game is now, is the way it always will be.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
Just started!

I would say contractually no they couldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »