Home

I saw this post over on EA's NCAA Forum...

This is a discussion on I saw this post over on EA's NCAA Forum... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #17
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I saw this post over on EA's NCAA Forum...

To be honest, I want almost as much fictional out of my football gaming as possible. I know that "freaks some people out" but give me a database with 1000 well-designed fictional logos on a server and I'd be thrilled. Give me a game that allows editing of the base rules of football, a strong customization suite, and can support feeder leagues (HS, College, Professional) all in the same game.

I'd probably end up reinventing the college landscape geographically, invent my own collegiate world, customize and tweak things to my heart's content. Draft them into my own professional world and continue the blissful experience.

At the end of the day:

Give me features.
Give me control.
Give me templates.
Give me editing.
Give me good if not spectacular gameplay.
Give me good if not spectacular graphics.
Give me statistics.
Give me *history*.

I'm one of those other kinds of OCD gamer. I'm the one that could absolutely positively care less if a real player is in or represented in the game to begin with, pro or college. I'm the one that could care less if the stadium has that flagpole on the top left of the scoreboard. I'm the one that could care less if I see sweat on the player's face after he gets up.

I want an immersive football experience that gives me as much control as possible.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
I think this is the first time customers who buy everything a company has to offer are responsible for the demise of a product line. I'm sorry I took NCAA football away from you guys.
But to be honest, I would buy a generic "South Bend College" football game as well.

I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just saying it doesn't help to make a game better when you only care about cosmetic stuff like uniforms and rosters. Rosters you can update for an old game. Uniforms, not much you can do there, but you can only have updates they give you anyways.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
Just started!

nice
********>alert('salaaaaaaaaaaaam')
Old 07-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #20
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
In College, all the "real" players based of actual people on the team, will have graduated from your school and be removed from the game. The Johnny Manziel's (QB#2), Sammy Watkins (WR#5) and Joe Schmo Punter (P#47) are removed from your dynasty.
EA should have hired you to be their attorney in the "likeness" lawsuit... because the last time I checked, Sammy Watkins wore the #2 at Clemson... now Michael Crabtree would have been WR#5, but not Sammy!

Sorry... just couldn't help it... =)

Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #21
Rookie

I'd bet that the VAST majority of people buy a newer version of NCAA because of the new features they add, and not because it has an updated roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »