Home

Low passing yards in simmed games

This is a discussion on Low passing yards in simmed games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Low passing yards in simmed games

Seeing ridiculously low passing totals. Is this the result of a crappy patch or something?

Started a dynasty with AA, with sliders, 9 minute quarters. Can confirm the sims are taking place with 15 minute quarters. I'm talking Manziel, Miller, Mariota having difficulty breaking 100 yards. Every game I look at is just pathetically low passing yardage. Help! I'm new to this crap. Maybe I should try uninstalling the patch and playing all offline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Low passing yards in simmed games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Seeing ridiculously low passing totals. Is this the result of a crappy patch or something?

Started a dynasty with AA, with sliders, 9 minute quarters. Can confirm the sims are taking place with 15 minute quarters. I'm talking Manziel, Miller, Mariota having difficulty breaking 100 yards. Every game I look at is just pathetically low passing yardage. Help! I'm new to this crap. Maybe I should try uninstalling the patch and playing all offline?
Might want to take a look at the coaching sliders in regards to aggressiveness for those teams, do a test sim, and see if it improves. I know that gameplay sliders do not affect simmed results - so it should be the coaching sliders/philosophy.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Might want to take a look at the coaching sliders in regards to aggressiveness for those teams, do a test sim, and see if it improves. I know that gameplay sliders do not affect simmed results - so it should be the coaching sliders/philosophy.
Thanks man. I'm using bamaboi83's rosters as a base. I wonder if that is an issue others have seen with these....
Old 05-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Thanks man. I'm using bamaboi83's rosters as a base. I wonder if that is an issue others have seen with these....
Hm, I have no idea. I know earlier on, when we were slider testing, we found that coaching sliders definitely play a role for how the CPU plays against you - and some did say the sim stats changed as well. I couldn't really confirm this though.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hm, I have no idea. I know earlier on, when we were slider testing, we found that coaching sliders definitely play a role for how the CPU plays against you - and some did say the sim stats changed as well. I couldn't really confirm this though.
I'm a total Newb, I was loving these rosters but I'm looking at the coach settings and I think these are backwards. As usual, EA and their sliders can be freaking curious and in this case it says

Run Offense / Pass Offense 35 < -----------------------------------> 65
that's Kevin Sumlin. The slider appears to have 65 for pass offense but you have to move it toward the run offense side to make that number grow on the right. I'm guessing every single one of these is backwards. I'll make a change for Sumlin and a couple others, and see how it looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I'm a total Newb, I was loving these rosters but I'm looking at the coach settings and I think these are backwards. As usual, EA and their sliders can be freaking curious and in this case it says

Run Offense / Pass Offense 35 < -----------------------------------> 65
that's Kevin Sumlin. The slider appears to have 65 for pass offense but you have to move it toward the run offense side to make that number grow on the right. I'm guessing every single one of these is backwards. I'll make a change for Sumlin and a couple others, and see how it looks.
The sliders work exactly like they're supposed to. It sounds like maybe you're thinking about them wrong.

The easiest way to look at them (and most obvious to me at least) is that "the word which the slider is closest to is the dominant one." This isn't a normal slider which only controls 1 thing like a WR catching slider. For that, lower means fewer catches, higher means more catches. This slider, however controls 2 things so you can't think of the numbers like you do for a 1 item slider. The best solution would've been to have the slider read 0 in the middle, and then maybe +50 all the way to the right and -50 all the way to the left or something. Anywho, it's really, really simple if you just look at the slider itself (the filled in part that moves right when you go right and moves left when you go left).

So, in your example, with it set to 35/65 that doesn't mean 35% run, 65% pass. The slider is MUCH closer to the "Run Offense" side so it's very heavy run. It sounds like whoever did your rosters didn't understand that slider or something if they set it to 35 which I'm sure is the opposite of what he wanted.

FWIW, here's my Sumlin settings from the roster I downloaded:

which means that they'll run a little more often than they'll pass (whereas yours has them running a LOT more than passing).

To really drive the point home, here's Navy's settings:

which shows the slider almost as far over towards run as it can get. Hell, you can see that your TAMU settings are in the middle between Navy's settings and a 50/50 balanced split.

And here's Mike Leach:

which has the slider almost all the way towards the "Pass Offense" side.

These sliders absolutely work as intended (as long as they're set up properly) and you'll see option teams with the slider WAY over towards "Run" run the ball almost exclusively, and air raid teams with the slider WAY over towards "Pass" pass almost exclusively.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 05-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Coaching sliders won't help much. The biggest issue with the sim stats is that QB completion percentage is way too low. The only way around this might be to do a full roster edit and increase QB accuracy across the board. However, it will completely ruin the gameplay on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »