Home

Forgive me for asking this... (Nebraska fans please read)

This is a discussion on Forgive me for asking this... (Nebraska fans please read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Forgive me for asking this... (Nebraska fans please read)

I am running an off-line dynasty as HC at Florida Atlantic, and slowly building them up to pretty decent team. And the thought occurred to me that I may get an offer at a "bigger" school at some point, so I went into "Play Now" mode and was checking out all the uniforms.

I really like the Nebraska 13, with the white undershirt at home with the red N on it and the red ones on the road with the white N on them. However, when editing the rosters, the only way you get these jersey undershirts is by choosing the "Top Half Team Color" sleeve choice, which is no big deal, but my question is this, and please forgive me if this has been answered prior... if so, the Mods can remove this post and please just PM me the details...

Question... when selecting things like arm bands or the bands on the legs, if you choose "Team Color" for Nebraska, they show up as white in the edit roster section, and then in the game, at least in Play Now, they are always white. No red.

So, does anyone know how to get red as the team color for things like arm bands, etc... while using the '13 jerseys?

Thanks for any help and input. Sorry Mods, I didn't have any idea where to post this, and a search brought up nothing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Forgive me for asking this... (Nebraska fans please read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I am running an off-line dynasty as HC at Florida Atlantic, and slowly building them up to pretty decent team. And the thought occurred to me that I may get an offer at a "bigger" school at some point, so I went into "Play Now" mode and was checking out all the uniforms.

I really like the Nebraska 13, with the white undershirt at home with the red N on it and the red ones on the road with the white N on them. However, when editing the rosters, the only way you get these jersey undershirts is by choosing the "Top Half Team Color" sleeve choice, which is no big deal, but my question is this, and please forgive me if this has been answered prior... if so, the Mods can remove this post and please just PM me the details...

Question... when selecting things like arm bands or the bands on the legs, if you choose "Team Color" for Nebraska, they show up as white in the edit roster section, and then in the game, at least in Play Now, they are always white. No red.

So, does anyone know how to get red as the team color for things like arm bands, etc... while using the '13 jerseys?

Thanks for any help and input. Sorry Mods, I didn't have any idea where to post this, and a search brought up nothing.
Currently, you can't. The custom arm sleeves with the N on them cause things like 3/4 sleeves and team color armbands to glitch and not work. It's that way for every permutation of uniform other than the '12 Adidas Alternates.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
Currently, you can't. The custom arm sleeves with the N on them cause things like 3/4 sleeves and team color armbands to glitch and not work. It's that way for every permutation of uniform other than the '12 Adidas Alternates.
Thank you for the response! This late into things, and with the team that made this game gone, it's doubtful they'll fix it, but at least now I know. Very much appreciated!!!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
However, when editing the rosters, the only way you get these jersey undershirts is by choosing the "Top Half Team Color" sleeve choice
This is actually almost completely wrong and the way it really works really irks a lot of people.

When choosing uniforms (at team selection) that have the fancy half sleeves, it will convert ANY sleeves into those in game. This means that if you edit guys to have any color of any of these:
  • long sleeve
  • bottom half
  • top half
  • 3/4
then they'll show up (using Nebraska as an example) with red or white (depending on which uniform you chose) half sleeves with the "N" on them. This means your only choices (when selecting uniforms with fancy half sleeves) is 1. fancy half sleeves, or 2. no sleeves.

This bothers me a little (but only a little) as in every version of NCAA I've always put my defensive front 7 in tinted visors and long black sleeves like so:

but this isn't possible with fancy half sleeves. I did an OD this year as Cal (who has almost exclusively fancy half sleeves) and even though I edited my front 7 with long black sleeves, whenever I chose one of their uniforms with the half sleeves, my entire front 7 had the half sleeves.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This is actually almost completely wrong and the way it really works really irks a lot of people.
Thanks for the clarification. I only saw the white undershirt with the red N on it in the Edit Rosters section outside of a dynasty - just for Play Now purposes - and when choosing Top Half Team Colored, that's the only time I could see them while editing the players clothing.

As FAU I don't have those fancy options... LOL, so it's good to know. I appreciate the info!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »