Home

Speed Option

This is a discussion on Speed Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Speed Option

I continue to struggle with the speed option, does anybody have any pointers. I cannot get positive yardage and make bad pitches.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Speed Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyd80
I continue to struggle with the speed option, does anybody have any pointers. I cannot get positive yardage and make bad pitches.

It's definitely the toughest option in this year's game. You just need to run it a bunch of times to be able to read whether you need to pitch or not. What I did when I was learning it was to just push "A" to snap the ball and then let the CPU control the QB. The CPU knows whether to pitch or not so I'd either wait for him to pitch it and then control the HB, or I'd wait until I was 100% sure that the QB was keeping and then I'd control the QB. I did this because my biggest issue used to be pitching it when I was supposed to keep it, resulting in a fumble (obviously if I kept it when I should've pitched it would've just been a TFL. All told, the CPU only controlled my QB for about 1 second.

Eventually I did this enough to get good at reading the play and I just control my QB now and make the correct read probably 90% of the time.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Cool thanks, I didnt think to try that

Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

you could also just go into practice mode and run it over and over again against different looks. Helps you pick up what it looks like when the pitch read is going after the HB or QB

I definitely agree that it's one of the most difficult, especially since misreading it is a high risk (possible fumble). And at times even when the pitch read attacks the QB if you do it slightly too early good players will just follow the ball and sometimes nab it mid air

I've recently started incorporating some shovel options into my PB. This way if I do the inside pitch and miss it is a pass and blown dead. It also seams easier to be able to read if they are going after the QB or outside pitchman
Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Hey man thanks for the shovel option, ill use it definitely

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #6
Rookie

I used to try and run the option as a regular part of my offense, but when too many of my attempts resulted in fumbles and my rushing numbers were worse that way than just busting it up the middle, I abandoned it. I hate that I don't end up using a fast QB's athletic ability, as I never scramble in this version of the game, but it's way too much risk for a likely small reward.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I used to try and run the option as a regular part of my offense, but when too many of my attempts resulted in fumbles and my rushing numbers were worse that way than just busting it up the middle, I abandoned it. I hate that I don't end up using a fast QB's athletic ability, as I never scramble in this version of the game, but it's way too much risk for a likely small reward.
Kinda what im thinking, however I did have a big speed option gain earlier today, so we shall see what happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »