Home

How to make your Dynasty realistic...?

This is a discussion on How to make your Dynasty realistic...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: How to make your Dynasty realistic...?

Personally I think playing as either an OC or DC is the way to go. Not having control of one side of the ball, puts you in many different situations, good and bad. It speeds the game up and makes it much more interesting at the same time.

I had a lot of fun being a defensive coordinator and being in situations where I was down a touchdown in the forth quarter and had to make a huge stop putting the game in the offense's hands. If I made the stop all I could do then was sit back and watch my offense either blow it or come through big. Winning or losing didnt matter as long as my unit got the job done.

I also stopped controlling players and just using coach mode. Calling the plays and watching your players perform is what being a coach is all about. Higher rated guys mattered much much more.

Also I know a lot of guys like playing offline but online franchise has some amazing features that keep you involved.

I played in an online franchise a few years back. There were very strict rules. 1 team per conference, so there weren't human vs human games until bowl games. 100% sim-style play. Everyone had to use dynasty wire. Guys were writing up blogs like crazy, trash talking other coaches, talking up their guys for heisman, etc . It was entertaining and kept everyone involved. The best part though was recruiting. Competing against the guys in the league on top recruits was extremely fun and challenging. Makes recruiting in offline franchise a chore when comparing experiences.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-21-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Johnnyg713, I would always start off as an offensive coordinator but I am seriously thinking of beginning a dynasty as a defensive coordinator. Reason being is no matter what position I am in in regards to score, I know the 4 vertical play can always put me in a position to win. I too am a 100% coach mode player and I am hoping that the added challenge of being a defensive mind will add to the desire to continue a dynasty year in and year out. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Johnnyg713, I would always start off as an offensive coordinator but I am seriously thinking of beginning a dynasty as a defensive coordinator. Reason being is no matter what position I am in in regards to score, I know the 4 vertical play can always put me in a position to win. I too am a 100% coach mode player and I am hoping that the added challenge of being a defensive mind will add to the desire to continue a dynasty year in and year out. Thanks for your input.

The only issue I had with DC was my offense not kneeing the ball when we were up by 3 points with 2 min left. Throwing it on all 3 downs when the opposing team had 0 time outs killed me. Other than that coach mode was fun as You still have pre play controls to adjust coverage etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
I used to suffer from the same thing, but I have been playing the same dynasty since last July and I am having a blast.

What I do is always sim away games (only play home games and champ/bowl games) and I save the result no matter what. I can't remember who recommended that to me, but it was definitely someone on this site. Whoever you are, thanks!

Undefeated seasons are very difficult, and it makes hoisting that conference trophy or crystal ball all the more special.

Also, it increases your home-field reputation as a tough place to play (provided you win), and it makes the regular season go faster. If you're anything like me, you're always wanting to get to the championship games, bowls, awards, All-Americans, and coaching carousel.
I like that idea, might have to use it later on down the line.

Even when I sim games I have a problem of being like "screw that, that outcome wouldn't happen!" and backing out. Or if a big injury happens I get all mad about that too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
If you create your own playbook you can just remove all the 4 vert plays to prevent you from using it. That's what I did

And since you start off with a "base" playbook you don't have to add more if you don't want to. You could just go through whatever playbook you already use and remove the 4 verts from all formations

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »