Home

Any playbooks with...

This is a discussion on Any playbooks with... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5
Any playbooks with...

...multiple dual HB formations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Any playbooks with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWit28725
...multiple dual HB formations?
Love your avatar!!! So glad that the Bills went back to that classic helmet. As for your question, since I play either Air Raid or Run & Shoot and only have 1 back, I personally don't use what you're looking for, but I have seen many times the CPU will line up in 3-wide with 2 HB's... I know the original Air Raid used that as the primary formation... when Mike Leach and Hal Mumme were at Kentucky.

So I'm sure you can find formations with them in there... you could always use Formation Subs to put another HB in as well... take the place of the FB or even the TE, as some formations have the TE lined up behind the G...

Hope this helps a little.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Split sets has two hbs on the field. Most option running teams have them. My suggestion is make one. There are enough split back sets to make an entire split back playbook.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

BYU playbook would be a good base for a custom 2 back playbook.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

my issue with dual HB is the majority of the time if you're handing the ball off the RB blocking is terrible. I have a 6'2 246 pound power RB but he constantly gets blown up if he is a lead blocker because his blocking stats are so damn low. I suppose you could just edit them if you really want to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know about a specific playbook, but a lot of pistol formations have 2-3 halfbacks in the backfield. It's usually the #1 running back behind the quarterback, with either the #2 running back or the fullback besides the quarterback. I use a shotgun/pistol offense in my dynasty and most of my running game comes from the pistol formation.

If you're looking for a specific playbook, search for ones that use the pistol. I know Nevada runs a pistol-heavy playbook.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Two HB sets sound great in theory if you have two talented halfbacks because it keeps them both on the field. In reality, it isn't incredibly useful because only one HB can take the handoff, and as others have said, a second HB is usually pretty bad at blocking so it has little benefit.

I like to get multiple HB's involved and for that I use autosubs a ton. Not only do I get multiple talented guys involved, but it also is tremendously beneficial to be able to constantly bring in a fresh guy to take the carry. I've autosubbed as many as 4 RB's at a time, and the benefits to my run game are huge. My top guys, always a speed threat, regularly get 10-13 carries for about 100 yards, which is a tremendous YPC, because I only use them at what they are best at and they are always fresh. I let a big guy get the yards up the middle.

If you really desire to have multiple HB's, wishbone and flebone formations are great.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #8
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I love the split back. It sets up great option runs and great play action as well. More often then not the other hb is creating holes due to running to the other side of the line. Triple option and read option are great out of the split back. I know everyone has their opinion but the second HB usually doesn't need to block in splits. Just my extra two cents.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »