Home

Ridiculous upsets

This is a discussion on Ridiculous upsets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Ridiculous upsets

Im late to the party as i just got this game a month or so ago so apologies if this has been discussed.

Im in 2017 of my dynasty and the team records are totally insane. Notre dame rated 95/99/93 is 3-6 while arizona state rated 88/90/87 beat them and is 7-1. Also alabama rated 99/99/99 is 5-4 on the season...

Is everyone else experiencing this year in and year out or is this maybe an anomaly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Ridiculous upsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Im late to the party as i just got this game a month or so ago so apologies if this has been discussed.

Im in 2017 of my dynasty and the team records are totally insane. Notre dame rated 95/99/93 is 3-6 while arizona state rated 88/90/87 beat them and is 7-1. Also alabama rated 99/99/99 is 5-4 on the season...

Is everyone else experiencing this year in and year out or is this maybe an anomaly?
Anomaly for sure. The thing you have to remember is as the years pass coaches leave schools and the other programs get better. Notre Dame plays a juggernaut schedule every year. Alabama is in the SEC which is a tough conference as it is. I am sure they have gone through coordinators almost every year and Arizona State is a good school. They have a program that works. The anomalies are when Navy and Army start winning championships.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #3
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Thats why i re-sim. If i feel that the upset isnt likely, I simply go replay the game and super sim to end of game. If they actually do get the upset ill be fine with it... usually the team gets blown out by Alabama or some other team. Only games i dont re sim are rivalries
Old 07-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Get the Buffeye rosters, it adds tons of realism and stops all the top teams from getting taken out in the first couple weeks. Also option teams are pretty overpowered.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
Thats why i re-sim. If i feel that the upset isnt likely, I simply go replay the game and super sim to end of game. If they actually do get the upset ill be fine with it... usually the team gets blown out by Alabama or some other team. Only games i dont re sim are rivalries
I may try this... the above point about the schedules is valid too. I do wish I had started the dynasty with coach progress set on slow so teams didn't go through coaches and coordinators every single year.

Quote:
Get the Buffeye rosters, it adds tons of realism and stops all the top teams from getting taken out in the first couple weeks. Also option teams are pretty overpowered.
I'm all the way in year 2017 so I don't think this would help but if I started over I would probably do this.

Also though I don't have internet connection so i'm not playing with any of the patches so maybe that has something to do with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Central Michigan beat MSU 52-0 in one of my dynasties...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Anomaly for sure. The thing you have to remember is as the years pass coaches leave schools and the other programs get better. Notre Dame plays a juggernaut schedule every year. Alabama is in the SEC which is a tough conference as it is. I am sure they have gone through coordinators almost every year and Arizona State is a good school. They have a program that works. The anomalies are when Navy and Army start winning championships.
It's not an anomaly in my experience. If I sim a season there will usually be a ton of upsets, and the top 10 will have a bunch of 2, 3, and 4 loss teams with the only undefeated teams being Army, or Fresno State, or Cincinnati, etc.

I'm team resim because of it. I got tired of being a HC of a great program but never having any top 10 teams to play because every team in my conference was being upset.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah it happens all the time, I just back out and play them but super sim all the way through. 99 OVR Bama is always a doormat. The only teams that go undefeated are Army or Georgia Tech it seems like on mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »