Home

Which NCAA Football game is the best??

This is a discussion on Which NCAA Football game is the best?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which NCAA Football game is the best??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
I like 14 a lot.

My biggest complaint is that we were left with the lack of presentation that adds immersion like the pregame rituals. Instead we are "treated" to some sort of boxed country music and highlights of the game that hasnt been played yet.
The new intros sucked. Badly. I just skip them. But everything else presentation wise is the best an EA football game has had IMO ever. I stay immersed in the ticker, the game breaks, the halftime commentary. Far better than anything before it in this series as well as in Madden (other than 2005 and the Tony Bruno Show).

Now crowd noise was supreme on 06 and 07. Can't deny that. Home field was really home field on those titles.

Game play wise 14 exceeds any one before it IMO. I have played NCAA 06 and 07 to death. But can't go back to that gen of sports games anymore...other than for some occasional nostalgia (Madden 2005, 2K5 and NCAA 06/07) I love 14's gameplay, depth and replayability.

They really put it all together (for the most part) to finish this series run on the PS3/360.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The new intros sucked. Badly. I just skip them. But everything else presentation wise is the best an EA football game has had IMO ever. I stay immersed in the ticker, the game breaks, the halftime commentary. Far better than anything before it in this series as well as in Madden (other than 2005 and the Tony Bruno Show).

Now crowd noise was supreme on 06 and 07. Can't deny that. Home field was really home field on those titles.

Game play wise 14 exceeds any one before it IMO. I have played NCAA 06 and 07 to death. But can't go back to that gen of sports games anymore...other than for some occasional nostalgia (Madden 2005, 2K5 and NCAA 06/07) I love 14's gameplay, depth and replayability.

They really put it all together (for the most part) to finish this series run on the PS3/360.
I agree 100%...2012 imo had by far the best entrances. I loved seeing Florida State and the Native American dude on the horse drive the arrow on fire at midfield!

I am like you, stay immersed with the ticker, studio updates and halftime show

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #27
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
If we are going all the way back (my first was College Fooball USA '96), Then I always credit '03 as being the version that really blew me away. '04 was the perfect sequel, and the version I played the most. But '03 for me was the one that really made a jump from it's predecessor and got me excited about the series.
Similar experience here. I believe my first NCAA was around '99 (Michigan-Woodson cover), but I didn't get serious about playing sustained seasons and tracking my Dynasties until NCAA 2003. 2002 was the first version on PS2, but had a nasty freeze bug and I couldn't get the CPU to rush worth a flip on that one. I logged 39 seasons in '03, so I would have to say that was my favorite version until 2014 came along. I liked '07 and '06, but I did spend a lot of time just keeping the '03 Dynasty going.

If I had to rank them in order now, it would be 14-13-07-06-03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword

Agree. 14 provides the gameplay that's as close as I've ever experienced to what I want. Specifically, I have finally gotten my settings to the point where the CPU can effectively rush the ball on me, and I have arrived at a sweet spot on the challenge level for AA. There's only so much sliders can do, so I've found that seriously limiting my recruiting with house rules has effectively given me games that I have to fight to win. (I am about to finish my 13th dynasty season in '14, and I had 3 overtime games in the regular season, and my margin of victories (or losses) has been much closer than in seasons past)
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

To me 14->11->06->04
Old 07-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
To me 14->11->06->04
That'd be my ranking as well. Really though, outside of NCAA 07 and 09 on the 360 (didn't play 08 or 10), I can't think of too many NCAA games that I didn't enjoy.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #30
Rookie

dmslapped's Arena

OVR: 9

I liked 11 and 14 the best
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

Do you need Bruteforce to transfer rosters for the PS3 version assuming the vault or whatever they are called in NCAA are closed? I have a PS3 and a 360 and find rosters easier to work with so far as getting them on my system using Horizon for the 360. The 360 version would be easier down the road getting rosters wouldn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #32
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

My top 5 (best to worst)

1. NCAA 07: This was the last one I bought on the ps2. If I remember correctly it had player suspensions and schools getting placed on probation. That alone made it great for me. I got NCAA 08 for the ps3 but rarely played it because I loved 07 so much.

2. NCAA 14: The game is not all that bad once you get past year 4.

3. NCAA 09: I loved the wide open game play that many hated. Still my best 4 years of a dynasty were in that game when I got a 3 star QB that turned into a stud.

4. NCAA 05: I remember 05 for the NCAA and Madden series as being really good games. This was right before the focus turned to the ps3/360 systems.

5. NCAA 99: This was my 3rd year with an NCAA game but I had only played 97 and 98 now and then. 99 was the first year I got really involved in the game and the dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »