Home

Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

This is a discussion on Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

Eh no problem going off topic lol.

But yes, I've had problems with accuracy consistency. When I did my rebuilding dynasties, my 70 overall QB couldn't hit simple in routes. I was on Heisman with sliders. Bumped up the USER accuracy and he started darting passes. It's really hard to find the right mix. I found mine, can't remember the number though.

If that doesn't work, I'd just try and bump of the CPU defense or Lower the blocking and catching. Therefore, even if your QB is a little better than he should be it will equal out by lack of time and coverage.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Old 08-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Mine is from NCAA 09 and about a player that I recruited, played his four years, then carried him over to Madden.

I was in year 6 of my dynasty, 4th with Miami. I had a huge turn over on my roster including having to replace my top 2 QBs, had a senior and a junior(rs) enter the draft. I had been recruiting a 4 star dual-threat guy all season in hopes of red shirting him thinking my junior(rs) guy would be a one year starter, but for some reason he left. He was a transfer from FSU that spent his only season at Miami as the #2. I had high hopes that the 4 star guy was going to be my answer because the only other QB on my roster was a rising senior and rated below a 75ovr. I knew I need another QB to give me three on my roster so I was looking for a 3 star to sign in the off season recruiting period. What I found changed the NCAA series for me going forward.

I found this 3 star guy, James Williams that fit my passing spread perfect, he had really good accuracy but not a huge arm. I offered him right away thinking he could back up my 4 star stud for the next few years and give me an option if that guy guys down to still win. He signed right away to complete my class. As I moved forward to the preseason depth chart I quickly saw what might become an issue. The 4 star guy was a 79ovr but had crappy accuracy while the Williams was a 78ovr with amazing accuracy. I decided to stay with my plan of starting the 4 star guy due to his ability to run and hope he could pass well enough.

The first 2 games were difficult enough without having to deal with what I thought was my stud freshman QB could not complete a pass to his own team. I pulled him in both games for Williams to have him lead comeback wins. By game 3 I was turning to Williams as my starter. He finished his freshman year 5th in Heisman voting and lead Miami to a 10 win season.

The next season was another solid season for Williams, who now was a 84ovr. He finished 3rd in Heisman voting, won an ACC title, set game and season passing records for Miami, and won his first National title.

I thought year 3 would be Williams last on campus as he was now a 89ovr Junior and preseason AA and #1 on the Heisman list. He had a record setting year once again, won the Heisman, won his second ACC and National Title. I was shocked when he returned for his senior year.

I was really excited to have my favorite player of all time back for one more season. After a really hot start he got hurt for the finial 5 games including the bowl game. I had to turn back to the 4 star guy who had to this point of his career been a career backup only playing in mop up duty. I lost all 5 games he started including my bowl game. I almost quite the game after Williams went down but I wanted his draft class file to carry over to Madden

I started a franchise in Madden 09 to sim to the Williams draft class. I knew he would be in it because he was a 95ovr by his senior year. I decided to roll with The Dolphins to take the local kid. He ended up as a late 2nd round pick that I traded up to get.

Over the next 10 seasons I had my favorite NCAA player now as my starting QB in Madden. Since I found Williams in NCAA 09 I have been trying to find a player in other editions that was as special as he was. I have not had as much fun playing NCAA 10-14 as I did playing NCAA 09 with Williams. I think what made him so special was the fact that I had zero expatiations out of him and he became a star. I kept records of his career stats in a notebook that I still have.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

There are 3 games and 1 dynasty moment that will forever stick in my mind..

I remember back in NCAA 07 I was obsessed with playing Instant Classics for some reason..

anyway, playing as USC vs. Florida State. I'm up 28-0 in the 4th when FSU scores twice, then gets a pick six to pull within 7. I punt again, they score again to tie.

After another punt, FSU has 75 yards to go with 4 seconds. Drew Weatherford (of all people... ) heaves a pass that somehow gets to the end zone and lands in Greg Carr's hands in the back of the end zone...

In Madden 09, doing a Pats dynasty in the Divisional round, down 3 to San Diego with 1 second left. Instead of squibbing, they deep kick and Welker takes the kickoff 101 yards to keep a Super Bowl season alive.

And more recently, in an Online Dynasty in '14 with Kentucky. Up 6 to South Carolina, only one play left. Dylan Thompson throws a screen pass to a receiver, who gets knocked down but isn't ruled down, gets back up and outraces everyone to the end zone for the win.

And in another created school NCAA 07 dynasty, a 3 star safety ended up becoming a 99 ovr. beast in his senior year... until I corrupted the file at the start of it...(GAHHHHHHH!)

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #20
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Outrageous, you mean other than the AI reading your inputs and cheating accordingly??? Case in point, last night playing my Vols dynasty in year 9 (previous 7 seasons were with SDSU, where I’ve built them into the powerhouse they are currently in this dynasty). So yeah, my Vols team is pretty bad right now, only 2 star prestige (after my rebuilding year 8) and I’m surprisingly undefeated going into Auburn. I don’t know how else to describe it, other than “welp, computer wants to win and there’s nothing you can do about it.” Example, we all know how over-powered option offenses are against AI, right? Nope. Not a single positive gain off any options I ran, so I had to pass. In fact, when I called an option play the AI loaded the line exactly the direction where the play would go. Against a human opponent, they typically wouldn’t know off the bat like that. TFLs all day for Auburn. So I move to pass. Another bad idea, as I quite literally (in instant replay) would watch my o-line part and one rusher would get through untouched. Roughly every other play. They’d rush 3 while I’d have 5 to protect (or sometimes 6 by hot-routing a HB to help block) and they’d get through unscathed. Or how about snap ping-pong? Where the AI snaps and the ball “bounces” off the QB as a pass to a WR 10 yards downfield? QB doesn’t even wind up to throw, it just ricochets off the QB to a WR. Anyway, I won in spite of the goddamn cheating AI. Doesn’t make me wanna pull my hair out any less though.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

I have 2 brothers and we have played ncaa religiously for years. We decided we would play a dynasty together with 3 different teams. I can't remember exactly what year it was but it was on xbox. I used Miami, one used Florida St, and the other use Florida. We did not skip anything , we done al recruiting and everything. We played 6 full seasons together and had won 2 nc each. During the 7th season my youngest brother was going to load it up and for some crazy reason deleted the file instead of loading it. We all 3 just stared at the tv without saying anything for about 5 minutes. All the trophies and stuff was gone. We tried to get back into another dynasty but couldn't. It still sucks to this day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #22
Rookie

41isLEGEND's Arena

Hail Mary's almost never worked for me in NCAA Football 12. One day I was playing a quick game between me and my dad. He picked SMU and I picked Texas A&M. We were going back and forth all game until he scored a touchdown with around twenty seconds to go. I managed to advance all the way to the thirty yard line. With four seconds left, I heaved the ball as far as I could. Somehow the ball went write into the receiver in the very back hands, and I danced my way into the endzone. That was one of the few times I managed to beat my dad in a football game.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 25

8-4 Texas A&M made it into the National Championship game...... and beat my undefeated Texas team.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41isLEGEND
Hail Mary's almost never worked for me in NCAA Football 12. One day I was playing a quick game between me and my dad. He picked SMU and I picked Texas A&M. We were going back and forth all game until he scored a touchdown with around twenty seconds to go. I managed to advance all the way to the thirty yard line. With four seconds left, I heaved the ball as far as I could. Somehow the ball went write into the receiver in the very back hands, and I danced my way into the endzone. That was one of the few times I managed to beat my dad in a football game.
Hail Mary's worked so well in NCAA 12 they were almost a cheat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »