Home

I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed.

This is a discussion on I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I just bought NCAA Football 07-11 PS2. All input is welcomed.

you should get 06 if you dont already own it....its the best PS2 version....
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #18
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

I already own 06.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

06 had the fun factor but was not the best by any means. Alot of guys switched to the next gen before the really good ones came out. I think the the sale feature for the first ncaa on ps3/360 was dynamic weather. haha, i knew right then it would be a while before i got ncaa on 360. its hard to remember as I havent played on ps2 in a year or so but I know 09 was fantastic. I believe it had Medical redshirts, dynamic stats for high school recruits, qb avoidance, spring game along with some very polished gameplay. i know 07 wasnt very good and think it was 08 or 10 with the pursuit issue where the defenders would run where you were and not where you were going. We couldnt use the speed burst button till we passed the line of scrimage or it messed up the game. Which ever year it was the game was utter crap because of this one issue. If it wasnt 10 then 10 was pretty good i think. I think 11 was pretty much 10. Im not even sure if they did anything to the roster, i know if they did they didn't do much. I know i had a list of rules on that gen though keep the games balanced. Recruiting was so easy I only allowed myself a few 4 stars a year and no 5's. Also speed cheat if pretty bad on heisman but you will have to play heisman to have any challenge. I remember on 04, 05 and 06 you could set every human slider to zero and every cpu slider to 100 and still dominate with ease. Each game also has a gambit of other issues. Some you can run inside and some you cant. Some you can run outside way to easy and a few there is no and I mean no outside run game. Some the outs and curls are open 100% of time and some the defenders are on like glue. Qb running back 30 yards and being accurate exist late into the franchise. Draw plays didn't work on most, screens didn't work on most if any that I can remember. Maybe rb screens toward the end. Options are way easy on some but the fb give was always a no gainer. Lb's are too good. No just the jumping twenty feet but if you didn't have two all american outside lb's and a mlb every year you didn't know how to play D. your ROLB would be the best player on team and the RE would always get around 20 sacks. You can do all the cheesy manipulations of the line play also to confuse the AI. Seam routes where pretty much no good because of the LB's so your outside wr's would have all the catches. Playaction was a sack on most years. Draw plays were a joke, 4 yard loss. you could also dominate easily with a fast qb. I no doubt had a lot of fun in that generation. WE dealt with so many problems during that time span. I know alot of us look back on 04, 06 or 09 as great games in the history of ncaa but we didnt' think that at the time. We bashed EA just a hard then as now.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
06 had the fun factor but was not the best by any means. Alot of guys switched to the next gen before the really good ones came out. I think the the sale feature for the first ncaa on ps3/360 was dynamic weather. haha, i knew right then it would be a while before i got ncaa on 360. its hard to remember as I havent played on ps2 in a year or so but I know 09 was fantastic. I believe it had Medical redshirts, dynamic stats for high school recruits, qb avoidance, spring game along with some very polished gameplay. i know 07 wasnt very good and think it was 08 or 10 with the pursuit issue where the defenders would run where you were and not where you were going. We couldnt use the speed burst button till we passed the line of scrimage or it messed up the game. Which ever year it was the game was utter crap because of this one issue. If it wasnt 10 then 10 was pretty good i think. I think 11 was pretty much 10. Im not even sure if they did anything to the roster, i know if they did they didn't do much.
On the '11 thing.. I'm not sure why I ever wanted '11 on the ps2. Didn't have the cash (or interest at the time) to spring for next gen... but yeah, '11's gameplay was the same as '10, same game with updated rosters.

'10 had the really bad roster, half the roster was filled with default, unidentifiable players and very few freshmen. But I still enjoyed it because 2009 was the last great real-life CFB year in my opinion.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
On the '11 thing.. I'm not sure why I ever wanted '11 on the ps2. Didn't have the cash (or interest at the time) to spring for next gen... but yeah, '11's gameplay was the same as '10, same game with updated rosters.

'10 had the really bad roster, half the roster was filled with default, unidentifiable players and very few freshmen. But I still enjoyed it because 2009 was the last great real-life CFB year in my opinion.
I think I became jaded with the product after NCAA 08 came out. I remember NCAA 09 didn't come out for the 1st Xbox, and I got the PS2 version of 09 but the graphics weren't as good as I remembered and the NCAA series just sorta fizzled out from there. I saw how bad the "next-gen" versions were compared to the PS2 versions and I couldn't understand how they stopped making the NCAA games with the good gameplay and started making NCAA games with bad gameplay. It didn't make any sense.

But what made 2009 the last great real-life CFB year for you? I tend to agree, from the re-alignment to the other changes. But was there something about the 2010 season that stuck out to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #22
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
I think I became jaded with the product after NCAA 08 came out. I remember NCAA 09 didn't come out for the 1st Xbox, and I got the PS2 version of 09 but the graphics weren't as good as I remembered and the NCAA series just sorta fizzled out from there. I saw how bad the "next-gen" versions were compared to the PS2 versions and I couldn't understand how they stopped making the NCAA games with the good gameplay and started making NCAA games with bad gameplay. It didn't make any sense.

But what made 2009 the last great real-life CFB year for you? I tend to agree, from the re-alignment to the other changes. But was there something about the 2010 season that stuck out to you?
I don't know..guess part of it was the players (Tebow, Bradford, Ingram, McCoy, Suh, McCluster, Spiller etc.) I don't think we will see as much talent from the skill positions all around the country ever again, (personal opinion.) Part of it was the mid-major dominance. TCU, Cincinnati were thisclose to playing in the title game if I recall correctly.. (Tony Pike!)

There have been great moments from the years since, don't get me wrong, but '09 stuck out for several different reasons. Plus I love living in the past...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #23
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm pretty sure 08 had the pursuit angle issues. So far in my experiences 09 has been the most complete and best game. 06 is great, but just lacks a lot of features 09 has. I know some don't care, but those R1 L1 trigger jukes along with the highlight stick are a big deal for me. I really like they way 09 plays and the controller layout works perfect IMO. Combine that with deeper roster editing capabilities, expanded mini drills, medical RS's, QB avoidance, and deeper playbooks compared to 06, and I'm sold. I've dabbled in 10 and 11 and don't like how they removed the trigger jukes. those games are pretty much identical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »