Home

College Football Next Gen?

This is a discussion on College Football Next Gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: College Football Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I would be happy with NCAA14 on XB1 or PS4. Give me NCAA 14 with updated/next gen graphics to give me a next gen college option...i'm cool because it allows me to consolidate my gaming that much more.

Why couldn't EA release NCAA 14 this fall for next gen as a 100% port (no true step)? 1) They can charge $60 for it 2) Release updated uniform packs...then the community via EA share can take care of the rosters.
It's unfortunately not nearly that easy to port a game. The PS3 had some crazy hardware that needed to be coded for in a specific way, and even though the PS4 has more raw power it still couldn't emulate a PS3 and run those games. It would take a lot of recoding. I wish they would/could do it but at this point it's virtually assured not to happen.

A new game in a couple years could though, even if it's just the power teams as a result of them getting more autonomy to compensate players.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar163
Wait took too long, just spent $200 today on a used Xbox 360 and NCAA 14 on Games on Demand.
$200 bucks is a little steep

Old 08-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
$200 bucks is a little steep
I've been thinking about it since I traded in my last-gen systems in November. I traded the games in to pay off part of my PS4 and Xbox One pre orders about two weeks before which had some sports gems like NCAA Basketball 10 (both PS3 and 360), College Hoops 2K8, NFL Head Coach 09, NCAA 14 (PS3 and 360), etc.

But when I went to trade in the systems, they smashed on the driveway.

Not to go off-topic, but that's what led to this. It cost $140 for the console and $50 for the GOD version of the game. I also got NFL Head Coach back, Madden 07 (for cut scene footage) and ordered College Hoops 2K8 to come today for my birthday.

When you think about something for so long, you just crack.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #12
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar163
Wait took too long, just spent $200 today on a used Xbox 360 and NCAA 14 on Games on Demand.

Did the same thing. Traded in my ps3, when I got the ps4. Never thought twice about ncaa. Then, July rolls around, and I'm craving football, something fierce. I had no choice. The void needed to be filled. I feel whole again.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

Will we ever see a NCAA Football Next Gen?
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftjsfjgtf
Will we ever see a NCAA Football Next Gen?
From what I'm hearing, if the players win the lawsuit case going on, then yes. If the NCAA wins, then we'll never see another NCAA video game ever again because they won't want to risk another lawsuit.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Just read this article. EA surely wants to do it, but as the previous post says it all depends on the case.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06...se-ever-return
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
MVP

mjavon's Arena

With the Power Five having autonomy now I wouldn't be surprised if they let players receive a stipend in exchange for the use of their likeness in the EA video game ( we would get actual player names!). We would likely still only be getting the Power Five (62 schools, I believe) but that'd be great. Regardless of whether or not it actually happens, it wouldn't be for a few years down the road though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »