Home

Define Sim Stye Please

This is a discussion on Define Sim Stye Please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #25
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Define Sim Stye Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Recently i played a fellow OSer who claimed they were a "SIM STYLE" gamer. I have found that over time a vast majority are not or they are so sacrilegious that if the opponent doesn't play exactly to the letter of THEIR law you are a cheesed.

Now i pride myself on playing SIM STYLE and also using real life concepts and personal coaching style as i navigate my way through a game.

What bothers me is the first time its 4th and inches in a land of nowhere spot, you are crucified. Personally across all levels in a game across all levels when you are up, have momentum and are mounting a drive on your way to being up 17 or 21 points, most great coaches or aggressive coaches tend to go for it depending on situation. some people here catch a really big attitude. In a game where you're dominating be aggressive and you can do that without cheesing.

With that being said, if said opponent who claims such sim style play starts going off on you yet they run 90& press man or press zone, run the same few plays over and over regardless if they know the playbook or not and then runs fag D down 14 to 17 points, You should tell them to go **** THEMSELVES especially when you run a balanced offense, run a vast majority of the playbook and feel like you have coached a full game by the 4th quarter. It ruins that experience when said opponent runs fag D at the end and does other cheap tactics because they are just being beaten fair and square.

Dear TacoSaban if you read this, this is about you and i hope people read this about you. If I'm banned i don't really care because i don't use this website much. But i feel compelled to expose someone who claims they are so sim style yet are not.

Good Day Folks.

I've faced a lot of cheesers online in this game that by the 2nd qtr I can tell are running the same pass plays with only 1 read if it's not there the run with the QB.

As I usually play as FS I double that read his read and Spy either the SS or a fast LB and usually they are quitting by the 3rd qtr. A few have made adjustments but mostly they quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
Rookie

willy981's Arena

OVR: 0

I just play fundamentally sound football.I've been playing for a long time and I'll admit,I use to be a cheeser.But as I continued to watch real-football and play Madden & NCAA I learned that beating teams with balance and good D is the way to win Super Bowls,National Championships,& online games.

There's nothing in this game that can't be stopped,that's why when I have free time,i'm on youtube watching people setup nano blitzes and money plays so I can know counters before I even head online.I only go for it when I need to and even if it's 4th & inches I punt.I dont sit back and run 4 verticals or sit and run strong power & buck sweep or HB slip screens the whole game or hold R2 on a running play just to get to the sideline and stupid **** like that.Or onside kick it after scoring or running the same play every freaking drive.

Killing the clock is the best way to win online****nning that ball and that PA of it is crucial online because the cheesers only run Nickel or Dime and they only call 2 Man,Cover 4,Cover 3 or Engage 8.

The only way to know all the counters is to PLAY these people,so you know the average gamers tactics and you can learn what works and what doesn't work,because if 1 does it,there's like thousands of others that's gonna do the same ****.

And plus,all the cheesers use the same ****ing teams(Texas A&M,Oregon,Alabama,Ohio State,Florida State,Auburn) and I can beat this boys with Tennessee just by having my own tactic to counter their tactics.

Experience is the only way that your gonna defend these cheesers and blow them out the waters and forcing the to quit.

Your gonna have to learn how to just deal with it,because at the end of the day,it's just a game.I like to use Sim-Style concepts but I can't label myself as one because I have my own style.

Fans Of:

Tennessee
Titans
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Vols
Nashville Predators
Philadelphia 76ers
Chelsea

Hillwood HS(TN) #84 Class of 2016
Old 12-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #27
Rookie

willy981's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
I've faced a lot of cheesers online in this game that by the 2nd qtr I can tell are running the same pass plays with only 1 read if it's not there the run with the QB.

As I usually play as FS I double that read his read and Spy either the SS or a fast LB and usually they are quitting by the 3rd qtr. A few have made adjustments but mostly they quit.
This is what I do to stop those over-the-middle routes and to shut down the post corner glitch

Fans Of:

Tennessee
Titans
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Vols
Nashville Predators
Philadelphia 76ers
Chelsea

Hillwood HS(TN) #84 Class of 2016

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »