Home

Back To NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Back To NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Back To NCAA 12

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I have gone back to 12. I have been playing 14 for a year now and can't get past 3 or 4 games into a season. I don't know what it is about 14 but I can never get it to play the way I want it to. I have tried coach mode, which is the way I perfer to play it, I have played cpu vs cpu, and I have tried playing it myself controlling everyone.

I have tried several different slider sets. I've tried just leaving the sliders alone and playing on AA, which is the way I feel it plays best, still I can't get into the game.

So the other day I put in 12 and right away I was like "This is great!". The coach mode is so much fun and challenging. I always thought coach mode in 14 was to easy, but in 12 it isn't, it's a challenge. With a good set of sliders the game is really fun and I am enjoying a college football game again.

In the end I guess that is what it's all about right? Enjoying a game no matter how old it is, and in the end I am enjoying it again. I just wish I still had my Cam Jackson story still saved so I could have continued that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Back To NCAA 12

Yep, as long as you are enjoying the game, that's all that matters.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

sXeInYoFace's Arena

OVR: 3

Cusefan, are you on xbox? If so, do you still have a roster file i can download. I accidently erased ncaa12 from my cache and the rosters went with it. I dont know if the roster share is still available for 12, but if it is, would you mind uploading so i can download it from your gamertag. If you dont want to or cant, its cool. Thanks .
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeInYoFace
Cusefan, are you on xbox? If so, do you still have a roster file i can download. I accidently erased ncaa12 from my cache and the rosters went with it. I dont know if the roster share is still available for 12, but if it is, would you mind uploading so i can download it from your gamertag. If you dont want to or cant, its cool. Thanks .

Sorry man, I'm on PS3, but the roster share is still working.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
Just started!

Supersportsfan100's Arena

OVR: 0

I love 12 but I stopped playing NCAA games because I'm honestly just gotten tired of playing old ones knowing there is not gonna be a new one any time soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #6
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Me and a couple friends played a 3 team dynasty in NCAA 12 I liked a lot about the game, but the db play on play action passes caused us to stop playing. Guys were left wide open on streaks during a play action pass. Everything else in the game was very fun. Recruiting and the line actually shed blocks. NCAA 14 players don't shed blocks. That's why the read option is unstoppable. We played coach mode only.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a named roster for NCAA12 for the 360. I don't remember who created it, but it was one of the guys from this forum. I don't currently have internet access through the Xbox, but should be able to get it online for you within a month if you can't find one sooner
Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm about to give 12 (and prolly 11) a bit of a run again after playing 14 for the past year. There are a few reasons for me, despite every iteration having various issues.

For one, the sliders actually work better in 12 and 11 compared to 14. Plus, the penalty sliders in 14 affect gameplay, while in the earlier games they do not. I've tried a ton of settings over the past year with 14 and for me it just feels as if in order to make the game challenging, you wind up killing off some of the wide-open feel for the gameplay.

Second, after finally playing Madden 25 after taking a few years off from that title, I feel like the Infinity engine in Madden 25 is considerably more refined than it is in 14 and all the little annoying things in NCAA 14 are even more obvious now. It's hard to go back to NCAA 14 after playing a few games of Madden 25.

So, hopefully NCAA 12 will be a nice complement to Madden 25 for me this year. I am definitely looking forward to the CPU throwing the deep ball on me again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »