Home

NCAA 14: No Huddle vs. Hurry-Up No Huddle

This is a discussion on NCAA 14: No Huddle vs. Hurry-Up No Huddle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Lightbulb NCAA 14: No Huddle vs. Hurry-Up No Huddle

I know there's been a lot of controversy as far as NCAA 13 and 14 go in representing no huddle and hurry up no huddle offenses. I have a way I edit coaches, but first let's go over my take on no-huddle and hurry up.

I'm going to describe this as if I'm playing the computer on Heisman (I guess, I'm mainly CPU vs CPU).

No huddle - my opponent is going to run the football. They pick up 5 yards, hurry to the line, and see that I'm showing blitz. They look to the sideline to see the adjustments they should make. I do indeed blitz, butt they call a screen and burn me for 20 yards, and hurry again. I change to man defense, they adjust to a slant pattern which they take to the house.

Hurry up no huddle - my opponent runs the ball for five yards, and hurries to the line. They don't look to the sideline because they already know what rheyll run next. They pop another run which goes for 10 yards, and hurry again. They run again, and for all intensive purposes, all their plays were drawn up as run plays as Rey go in for the touchdown.

Don't focus so much on the playcall (which I came up with on the spot), but focus on what EA is having the computer do. They titled them "Normal" and "Aggressive" but you should think of "normal" as hurry up, and "aggressive" as the no huddle where your players look at the sideline for adjustments.

That all being said, here is what I do. I downloaded 2014-15 rosters from Xbox gamertag keylimesoda (all credit to him), and I adjust no huddle style based on the coach's aggressive/conservative value. An example right in front of me is the Arizona Wildcats. Their aggressive/conservative is set towards more aggressive, so I have them running a hurry up no huddle.

BE CAREFUL IN THE TEAM MANAGEMENT SCREEN!!! The words "aggressive/conservative" will be written in that way, BUT, for MORE CONSERVATIVE go to the LEFT, and for MORE AGGRESSIVE go to the RIGHT! (Sorry for caps but I would hate for people to waste time because they didn't know)

So any feedback would be welcome. We're going to have to deal with this being last college football game for now. I also think we should try and make a list of teams who run either style of no huddle offense in REAL LIFE.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Pro

Re: NCAA 14: No Huddle vs. Hurry-Up No Huddle

BUMP.

(Also, reserving this post for an eventual list of no huddle and hurry-up no huddle teams)

No Huddle: Auburn

Hurry-Up No Huddle:

Anyone got anything to add? Thoughts? Teams?
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."

Last edited by dxdude2004; 09-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 5

So if you set to normal the players do not look to the sideline. Correct?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
So if you set to normal the players do not look to the sideline. Correct?
Correct. If it's normal, it has more of the hurry-up style (2-minute-drill), and if it is aggressive, it's more of a slowed-down no huddle offense (think in a real football game where the players look to the sideline for a card that has like Daffy Duck, a carton of milk, a girl, and Jaws, lol, THAT kind of no huddle).
Old 09-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Pro

I didn't get a chance to watch any games yesterday as I was at one myself, lol, but it wasn't a no huddle team.

So I guess if anyone else is going to chip in, here's what I'm looking for. When a team runs their no huddle offense, do they look to a "card" on the sideline, or do they just hurry to the line and set things up, then hike? That's how we will determine if a team runs the "aggressive, look to the sideline" style, or the "normal, hurry to the line and snap" style.

I put Auburn under the aggressive because I saw them looking at cards Thursday night, but I didn't watch anything on Friday night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

this sounds like a fun little research project. i'll try to help but there are quite a few hurry up no huddle teams now
Old 09-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlstar
this sounds like a fun little research project. i'll try to help but there are quite a few hurry up no huddle teams now
Right. I'm not going to break my back, but I'm going to try and watch as many games and teams as I can to figure things out by observing. If I see a team running no huddle with cards, they're going under "aggressive" since based on what I feel EA has set in the game, that's more of the "traditional" slow down no huddle, and "normal" is more like two-minute drill, don't bother looking at the sideline, just go. So cards = aggressive! and no cards = normal.

As far as hardcore researching goes, I don't really plan on it, lol, so any help anyone wants to offer is great. If people have been following their teams or their conferences and know what certain teams do as far as this goes, input would be great, and I can update the lists in the second post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »