Home

Transfer Logic

This is a discussion on Transfer Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #9
Pro

jmac7164's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Transfer Logic

I had a QB start his Freshman and Sophomore year that decided to leave do to playing time i didnt get a qb that year in recruiting and had a (RS) senior and a Freshman as the other QB's
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #10
Pro

jackster802's Arena

I just cut 3 players every year to simulate them transferring. I try to make it a realistic situation, but sometimes I just pick a number 1-70.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I had a true freshman running back who I had started. About half way into that season he got hurt for the remainder of the year. Then in the off season he transferred because of playing time, which of course was odd, since he had the majority of the carries before he got hurt. I couldn't convince him to stay.

In a funny twist two years later I took a job at the school he transferred to. I hadn't even remembered that was where he went until I got into the improvement of the players at the new school. After that first season, where he was a beast for me, he decided to leave for the draft even though he was only projected as a 7th rounder. I was able to get him to come back though.

I'm thinking he just doesn't like to stay in one place very long like the basketball coach Larry Brown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #12
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

It seems that depth chart position seems to be a factor for transfers. I have noticed the guys who use the "more playing time" reason all seem to be 3rd or lower at their position. I have also noticed a change in head coach will prompt transfers as well. When I started my current dynasty last Christmas I also decided to track some information. I was tracking teams that ran wing option offenses to see if it was more than that offense being the reason why certain schools like Army and Navy became powers. I logged transfers for 10 seasons to notice patterns. What I found was the guys who wanted playing time were low on the depth charts. I also noticed that in the 10 seasons I logged only 4 players that were sophomore(Rs) by class changed schools. On my own roster I had 2 QBs that were both Soph(Rs) that were both in the low 80s overall but would not leave. I was starting a QB that was a true Soph and had 2 other QBs on my roster that were junior(Rs) that were 2nd and 3rd on my depth chart. The 2 Soph(Rs) would not leave. I contributed that to the fact they had red shirted leaving them with only 1 year on the field had they transferred.

I also noticed that the majority of the players I saw transferring got some playing time as freshman or didn't get the automatic red shirt like players will get if they don't record a stat in the game. I never once saw a junior transfer and the number of freshman was more than double than sophomores that transferred.

Just a few observations I have made.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
Banned

I just had my punter transfer to Hawaii after his freshman season, wanting more playing time. He won the award for punters, so I don't know what his problem was with the playing time. Maybe he wanted to play on a team with a bad offense so that he gets to punt more. I was SJSU
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #14
Just started!

I'm not sure how much logic there is behind transfers, might be hard to game the system so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »