Home

My biggest problem with this game: The CPU breaks TOOOO many tackles...

This is a discussion on My biggest problem with this game: The CPU breaks TOOOO many tackles... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My biggest problem with this game: The CPU breaks TOOOO many tackles...

It irritates me when I get a clear shot on a guy and my defender bounces off him as if he's made of rubber. This and an absence of a playoff are the only two things stopping this from being the perfect college football game. I normally hate to tinker with sliders (feels like I'm cheating) but can a boost on the "tackles" slider fix this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: My biggest problem with this game: The CPU breaks TOOOO many tackles...

Yeah my D-Line gets "b" slapped around by the opposing offense like nobody's business on some plays. It's real annoying. Combine that with the fact the CPU seems to always be able to execute the squirm run plays (where they run and move erratic and not at all like a real life person would move) and manage to break free on a run. I try the same tactic and get hit hard for a loss everytime.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm okay with the CPU breaking tackles, of course it's annoying... but, how else can the CPU win? As a human, we have a clear strategic advantage... the CPU "cheats" to try to even the odds. That's okay.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

I suspect that high elusive was reason why rbs were able to break the tackles too often. I'd recommend you change your gameplan. During plays pick, press L1 to bring up gameplan then change big hit/force fumbles to conservative that's way you won't get break tackles from rbs often.Of course, you won't able to force fumbles ,but it doesn't always work even if you set force fumbles to aggressive anyway.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
It irritates me when I get a clear shot on a guy and my defender bounces off him as if he's made of rubber. This and an absence of a playoff are the only two things stopping this from being the perfect college football game. I normally hate to tinker with sliders (feels like I'm cheating) but can a boost on the "tackles" slider fix this issue?
Gotta change the sliders man. Makes the game sooooo much better.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Sliders are your friend. Nothing wrong with adjusting the game to your liking. You can change the user sliders to match the CPU so it's not "cheating".
Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Ball carriers' ability to break tackles is affected by Strength, Tackle, Hit Power, Break Tackle, and possibly other Ratings settings. When you adjust Sliders you don't know which ratings you are affecting. If you are on the 360 and can use the Editor, you can adjust all of these Ratings to see which settings provide the right amount of broken tackles.

Also, keep in mind that Difficulty settings will impact various game play elements, including broken tackles. And, don't forget about Momentum effects, which may impact broken tackles.

With all of these possibilities, it would be beneficial for you to be able to employ every tool available to customize the game.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #8
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

I am curious about assisted tackles, my team had lack of assisted tackles depite my defense relies on gang up on ball carrier ,but it still showed that my team had only 3 assisted tackles. So, did you have same experience like this happen ?.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »