Home

Service Academy Dynasty

This is a discussion on Service Academy Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Service Academy Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
That isn't accurate in my experience. I held out a another senior once without playing him and he ended up redshirting and still didn't enter the draft.

I have never once had that happen. I have played the series since NCAA 98. Since NCAA 08 I have played hundreds of seasons in dynasty mode, many times having upper classmen not even on my depth chart, and never once did they trigger the automatic red shirt. Not saying it didn't happen to you but I have never seen it. In fact I just had 2 fullbacks graduate in my current dynasty that were not on my depth chart nor entered a single game. I play every minute of every game so I know who plays. Both guys were true seniors and neither guy triggered the automatic red shirt. Both guys were rated 81ovr but I had 3 real good tight ends that I wanted to play. I could not red shirt them in the preseason due to position numbers. I thought one might get the automatic red shirt but that didn't happen.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_King70
Since I never play military academy teams ,so I wonder can they recruit high school players like any college teams do. I know they can't recruit high school players in real life because of restrictions i.e. height/weight, academic, etc.
  • Academics. At Air Force, prospective players need to have at least a 3.5 high school GPA, a 25 on the ACT in all subjects, and a minimum of a 1200 two-part SAT score. Requirements are similarly rigorous at the other service academies. Lt. Col. Gaylord Greene, who works in admissions at Army, said coaches will often encourage recruits to take more core courses, since the school requires more of them for entry than most others do.
  • Height and weight requirements. They differ slightly by academy, but at Air Force, a 6'4 applicant cannot weigh more than 221 pounds for admission -- and must also not weigh more than that upon graduation. In some cases at the academies, athletes can be over the height or weight limits but must still adhere to stringent body fat restrictions. This makes recruiting offensive linemen very difficult. "I'd love to have a bunch of 320-pound guys with good feet," Calhoun said. "We've never had a 285-pound kid, which is very small for a Division I offensive lineman. We usually average 255 pounds with our offensive line."
  • Mandatory military service. Unlike players who sign a normal scholarship tender, athletes at the service academies sign on to serve in active military duty after college. As expected, that "is a turnoff for a lot of kids," according to new Army head coach Jeff Monken.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...vice-academies
I ran an army dynasty once trying to figure out how to do the ht/wt requirements and I just calculated BMI using their height and weight and if it was in the obese level I wouldn't recruit them and trust me that is hard when you are looking to get OL and DL and some LB
Old 10-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #11
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFogarty3
I ran an army dynasty once trying to figure out how to do the ht/wt requirements and I just calculated BMI using their height and weight and if it was in the obese level I wouldn't recruit them and trust me that is hard when you are looking to get OL and DL and some LB
How's about search feature that allow you to find what's type of players and height/weight that you want to recruit ?.

As for Army/Navy, they have least restriction for height/weight because they don't require you top pilot warplane while they have 300 pounds or 6-6/6-7.

Navy has friendly requirements than AFA or Army which was large due to David Robinson.

Navy

http://www.military.com/join-armed-f...ght-rules.html

They can recruit 7'2" too.

Army

Despite 6'8" is limit height ,but they do have 6'9" or 6'10" i.e. Alejandro Villanueva.

Air Force

They have more flexible for BMI than Army or Navy.

Army might have most restriction for BMI ,but they do make expectational for football players.

However, I noticed that all 3 have rather small DL than FBS average. they're at between 230 and 260.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the input guys.

I also have another question about recruiting. I'm 2 years in and I've noticed it's almost too easy to get solid classes. I was thinking about limiting the amount of 3* prospects I can sign to 5 total (once I become HC, 1 as the OC). Does this sound realistic?

I'm also only recruiting players that have academic prestige in their top 3 bonus category.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #13
Rookie

I dont have experience playing with Army/Navy/Airforce, but in my UConn dynasty Navy became a national powerhouse. it started with a 10-3 Orange Bowl win season. After that, 10+ seasons of 10+ wins and 3 NC all from the same coach who originally starts with Navy.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia
I dont have experience playing with Army/Navy/Airforce, but in my UConn dynasty Navy became a national powerhouse. it started with a 10-3 Orange Bowl win season. After that, 10+ seasons of 10+ wins and 3 NC all from the same coach who originally starts with Navy.
The option playbooks and extreme run heavy ratios are very overpowered in the sim engine. This leads to Army/Navy/GT becoming super powers while their assistant coaches (who use their PBs) become super powers at other schools. It's especially goofy when these coaches land at a recruiting school like Florida or USC.

What I do is I swap out the PBs for the HCs and ACs that use these option books (for me GT becomes "spread option", Army becomes "run balanced" and Navy becomes "Air Force." AF is an option PB but it's fine in the sim engine). Then I move all of their run/pass ratios from 25/75 to 30/70. This fixes the issue and the teams sim as they should. They're still very run oriented and GT can still compete in the ACC, but you won't see tons of national championship runs from GT and Navy.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Thanks for the input guys.

I also have another question about recruiting. I'm 2 years in and I've noticed it's almost too easy to get solid classes. I was thinking about limiting the amount of 3* prospects I can sign to 5 total (once I become HC, 1 as the OC). Does this sound realistic?

I'm also only recruiting players that have academic prestige in their top 3 bonus category.
So I did some research and found the average number of 3* commits to each of the service academies over the last 5 years.

Navy=3.4 3* avg
Army=.6 3* avg
Air Force=4.2 3* avg

the total average between those 3 service academies is 2.7 3* commits.

So I think limiting myself to 3 3* recruits a year seems right. That along with only recruiting players with academic prestige in recruits top 3 should make for a challenging dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The option playbooks and extreme run heavy ratios are very overpowered in the sim engine. This leads to Army/Navy/GT becoming super powers while their assistant coaches (who use their PBs) become super powers at other schools. It's especially goofy when these coaches land at a recruiting school like Florida or USC.

What I do is I swap out the PBs for the HCs and ACs that use these option books (for me GT becomes "spread option", Army becomes "run balanced" and Navy becomes "Air Force." AF is an option PB but it's fine in the sim engine). Then I move all of their run/pass ratios from 25/75 to 30/70. This fixes the issue and the teams sim as they should. They're still very run oriented and GT can still compete in the ACC, but you won't see tons of national championship runs from GT and Navy.
That sounds like an awesome idea. My question is though, why don't you make Gt Playbook sir Force like you did Navy's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »