Home

Nitpicks, comments, musings, and other banter regarding NCAA

This is a discussion on Nitpicks, comments, musings, and other banter regarding NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2004, 04:44 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Nitpicks, comments, musings, and other banter regarding NCAA

I agree with most of the things you said, mainly offensive lineman.....None of my lineman can ever Pull block!!!! Even the 90+ rated fairly athletic ones. Also there needs to be a spring game so you can get a good idea of how your depth chart will be before the season. I dont like having new players and improved existing players and having to test out their abilities in the "fire" of a game that counts. Especially when you have a strong opponent your first game.

Dynasty can be improved. It should take longer for your program pretiege to go up IMO. Too many people take 3 star schools and build powerhouse natn'l programs within 3 years.

Also the generated freshman on the game are too darn good. Most all americans can start from day 1 over 3 or 4 year players. Freshmen shouldn't have better physical attributes than upperclassmen. I had a MLB come in with 88 speed and pretty high strength. They should just cut back a tad on the freaks of nautre frosh.

Also better defensive AI for stopping crossing and drag patterns. You can pretty much run them all Especially from 5 Wide formations(which aren't really fair due to the ai).

And as always, I'd like a more realistic pocket so QB's can't drop back 15 yards away and scramble all around and throw accurate balls.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #18
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

KoKe said:
also it would be cool to see players that have to go the JUCO route it would make it more realistic then during the next two years you can check on his progress to see if you still want him

Speaking of JUCO's....

I hope they actually make JUCO's mean something soon in the game. I NEVER go after a Juco recruit because there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them and a freshman recruit. An increase on awareness (without going overboard) would at least be something.

Of course, I don't think I've went after a Juco since 2003, so it's possible they fixed this and I just don't know about it.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

another thing i just thought b4 a weekend stars you should be able to choose the host for the people visiting that weekend and choosing the right host could make or break a visit
Old 04-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #20
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

KoKe said:
also it would be cool to see players that have to go the JUCO route it would make it more realistic then during the next two years you can check on his progress to see if you still want him

Speaking of JUCO's....

I hope they actually make JUCO's mean something soon in the game. I NEVER go after a Juco recruit because there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them and a freshman recruit. An increase on awareness (without going overboard) would at least be something.

Of course, I don't think I've went after a Juco since 2003, so it's possible they fixed this and I just don't know about it.

I NEVER recruit a juco player because they aren't any better than the incoming freshmen. The have the same basic abilities with a year or two less of eligibility to use. In real life, Juco players are often used as a "quick fix"...they are able to come in and make more of an immediate impact than freshmen players. That just does not apply in this game, there is absolutely no reason to recruit Juco's.

They should rank the Juco players separate from the incoming freshmen and adjust their ratings to make them better than the freshmen. Of course, we've seen the exact same recruiting (minus the recruiting pitches) for about three years on this generation of systems, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for any changes.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

auburn great list man. I couldnt disagree with anything you say. Great job. I also agree about scheduling problem, better be fixed this yr!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2004, 11:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also to add onto your idea on SI magazine and recruiting...
The Magazine could say stuff like "He's ready to give his verbal" or "Blue Chip QB is torn between two schools" something along those lines. And kind of keep you posted on recruiting during the season.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #23
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

The kicking game has to be made less effective also.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:56 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

ndeezlo said:
The kicking game has to be made less effective also.

Play on Heisman for it to be effective. I miss on occasion in my leagues i play in while using Heisman (missed a game winner the other night from 20 yards out, ugh). I wish they had a slider tho for kicking difficulty by itself for offline play. They also need ratings for snappers and lesser ones would snap over the holders head, maybe off to one side, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing an MVP type meter for kicking similar to the system used for pitching too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »