Home

bear defense

This is a discussion on bear defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
bear defense

i have a question. does anyone use a bear defense? if you do other than the 46 bear thats on the game. what formations and adjustments do you make? thanks for any information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Pro

Re: bear defense

I use the 3-3-5 Stack as my base defense. In the 3-3-5 playbook are 5 formations, one of them is the 3-3-5 Bear which I occasionally use against run heavy teams or in short yardage situations. I run 3-3-5 personnel 90% of the time and the 3-3-5 Bear is basically my run-stopping formation. Good against inside runs but you're prone to giving up big plays if they bounce it outside.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Pro

jackster802's Arena

I run a mix of 5-2, 4-4, and 46 Bear. It helps to have athletic linebackers and ends. I like it because it really makes it hard on the offense to run the ball and I can create a lot of pressure on QB's and force them to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. On 3rd and long and stuff, I will switch into a 3-3-5 or Dime package.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

thanks for the responses. i usually run a 4-3 d but have been wanting to try a bear defense but nothing in the 4-3 is very good for getting the guards and center covered. ive tinkered with the 3-4. ill try the 3-3-5 and see how i like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »