Home

Draft, Transfer, W editor help

This is a discussion on Draft, Transfer, W editor help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft, Transfer, W editor help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigahs
Ok. Here are the steps. Let me know if you have any questions.

- sim to recruiting phase in off season
- open the DB editor and go to Player Data tab
- go to player info tab and sort by player id

Find the team you want to transfer to in the team id column. There will be many players with team id = 1023 that are still on a team. These are players that will not play next year (seniors). Find one who's player id is not already taken by another player (you will understand when you look at the player ID column). Change your player's player id to one of these senior's id because that senior will not be on the team anymore.

After you finish with Player Info tab, go to player stats and player unknowns tabs, and change your player id to the new id.

EDIT:
Forgot a couple of things. You also need to change the team for your player to the new team in the team columns for each tab (Player Info, Player Stats, Player Unknowns)
Your player will not sit out a year because this isn't a typical way the game transfers players.
Your player could possibly get cut in the cut players phase. Your player is basically now on the new roster and will follow all steps/processes that any other player follows on that team. The game will cut players and set depth charts. No need to do anything else.

RECAP:
6 pieces of data need modifying. 3 player_ids and 3 team_ids. 2 in each tab.
I have tried this several times using Skulletor's version of the editor. It will not allow me to change the Player ID. Everytime I do it manually, then save, then refresh view, and it reverts back to old Player ID. How did you get this to work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 12:54 AM   #42
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquiteen Trisket
I have tried this several times using Skulletor's version of the editor. It will not allow me to change the Player ID. Everytime I do it manually, then save, then refresh view, and it reverts back to old Player ID. How did you get this to work?

After entering in the new Player ID, do you hit 'Enter', click on another field, or go directly to the drop-down menu? I believe you need to press 'Enter' after each entry.

Also, does the new ID number still appear on the page after you select 'Refresh View'?
Old 07-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
After entering in the new Player ID, do you hit 'Enter', click on another field, or go directly to the drop-down menu? I believe you need to press 'Enter' after each entry.

Also, does the new ID number still appear on the page after you select 'Refresh View'?
I was able to get it to work by using the drop down menu and clicking on an unselected number. The issue I'm having now is that I can't choose to bring a player back after he's been designated to be removed from the game and placed under the '1023' team ID. I've tried changing the player type, team ID, and player ID. All to no avail even though I was able to do it previously. The editor is so fickle.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #44
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

I followed the advice from the OP during the 2nd week of the offseason (where Transfers occur) and it appeared like it worked, but then didn't. My goal was to transfer a couple guys off of my team to make it harder. I get it I can just cut em but wanted to learn how to use the EA DB editor in the process. I'll use it again next off season so it's worth learning.

Here's what I modified:

- On the Player Data > Player Unknowns tab: I modified the PLFL column from 28 (staying on the team) to a transfer tag (10) and also modified the Type column to 1 (transferring).
- Someone noted on the thread that if the game decides to transfer 110 guys in an offseason, then it will ONLY transfer that many. I found a couple of guys in the transfer pool from other schools and changed their values on PLFL to 28 (so they'd stay), and Type to 0 (staying).
- On the Unknowns > PLSS tab: I swapped the Player ID's from the 2 guys from the last step to the 2 guys I intended to transfer away from my team.
- On the Unknowns > TRAN tab: I did the same thing as the PLSS tab. What I'm confused about from the OP is he suggested this is also where you pick the player's NEW destination. I chose 2 new schools for the guys leaving my team, making sure the new teams had <70 players on their current roster.

However, the column on TRAN says "Prior Team". I can look at other players who have left my team in the past, and it has their Prior Team listed, not their future team. I think this was a miss by the OP, unless I missed another field somewhere.

I looked through every tab under Unknowns, and couldn't see anywhere else you would indicate an exiting player was choosing to go. Surely the game stores that value somewhere? Does anybody know?

What happened when I loaded the Dynasty back up was it showed my 2 guys planned to transfer out (perfect), but on the next week of offseason they were still on my team.

Appreciate any help if someone has done this successfully.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:23 AM   #45
Rookie

sithberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
I followed the advice from the OP during the 2nd week of the offseason (where Transfers occur) and it appeared like it worked, but then didn't. My goal was to transfer a couple guys off of my team to make it harder. I get it I can just cut em but wanted to learn how to use the EA DB editor in the process. I'll use it again next off season so it's worth learning.

Here's what I modified:

- On the Player Data > Player Unknowns tab: I modified the PLFL column from 28 (staying on the team) to a transfer tag (10) and also modified the Type column to 1 (transferring).
- Someone noted on the thread that if the game decides to transfer 110 guys in an offseason, then it will ONLY transfer that many. I found a couple of guys in the transfer pool from other schools and changed their values on PLFL to 28 (so they'd stay), and Type to 0 (staying).
- On the Unknowns > PLSS tab: I swapped the Player ID's from the 2 guys from the last step to the 2 guys I intended to transfer away from my team.
- On the Unknowns > TRAN tab: I did the same thing as the PLSS tab. What I'm confused about from the OP is he suggested this is also where you pick the player's NEW destination. I chose 2 new schools for the guys leaving my team, making sure the new teams had <70 players on their current roster.

However, the column on TRAN says "Prior Team". I can look at other players who have left my team in the past, and it has their Prior Team listed, not their future team. I think this was a miss by the OP, unless I missed another field somewhere.

I looked through every tab under Unknowns, and couldn't see anywhere else you would indicate an exiting player was choosing to go. Surely the game stores that value somewhere? Does anybody know?

What happened when I loaded the Dynasty back up was it showed my 2 guys planned to transfer out (perfect), but on the next week of offseason they were still on my team.

It appears that during the 2nd week of offseason phase, the team listed under Prior Team in TRAN tab is one of two things: 1) for any player who transferred in a previous season, it will show their prior team and a 1 in the TRYR column. 2) for any player transferring this offseason, it lists the team they will transfer to and a 0 in TRYR.

Once you get to the preseason and the transfer has been completed, it updates to show prior team. The 0 will remain in TRYR until they've sat out a year for the transfer rule, but you can change it manually to a 1 at this point for immediate eligibilty.

Last edited by sithberg; 03-17-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2021, 12:02 PM   #46
Rookie

sithberg's Arena

I just successfully transferred two of my players to other schools. Here is what I did:

1) During players leaving in the offseason, under the player unknowns tab, find a player who is currently set to transfer with a 9, 10, or 11 in PLFL - it does not matter what team they are currently on. Note their player id and update their PLFL to 17 (staying) and type to 0.

2) Update the player you want to transfer to PLFL 9 and type 1.

3) In the Unknowns - TRAN tab, sort by player id and locate the player you noted in step 1. They should be listed here with a TRYR 0. Change the player id to the player you want to transfer from step 2, and choose the school you want them to transfer to under "Prior Team"

4) advance through the offseason as normal. When you get to preseason, check the rosters to make sure your transfer(s) took place. If you want to make them immediately eligible, go back into the editor at this point, unknowns - TRAN tab and set their TRYR to 1. (note, the prior team will now correctly list the team they transferred FROM).

Last edited by sithberg; 03-17-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #47
Rookie

Is there anyway to keep my transfers without transferring two other players? I want to keep my whole team. I do not want to transfer two different sets of players.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #48
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle

Here's what I modified:

The Column that’s labeled “Prior Team” is labeled incorrectly and it’s actually the destination that the player is transferring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »