Home

Recruiting House Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Not scouting will help this. If you scout and know that the 70 OVR HB you recruited is actually a 64 OVR, you will probably just drop him off your board and go looking for another player. Without scouting you create more variance in your classes since you will keep pumping points into "bad" recruits that you would otherwise cut loose on as soon as they are scouted.
Yah I never scout. Feel like it adds more realism when you finally see your recruits overall for the first time and say "oh sh*t"..
Old 10-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think that the most important recruiting restriction specific to '14 (which means in addition to the others I've always used in NCAA) is to limit your recruiting tree.

For starters, I play with slowest progression (I'm only lvl 7 through 4+ seasons). Secondly, you'll REALLY want to limit the coaching tree as some of the abilities are REALLY overpowered. Here's what I do:

I only allow 2/3 points to be spent in these skills:
  • opener
  • closer
  • royal treatment
  • kitchen sink
  • insta-commit
In order to get to 20 points to allow the purchase of insta-commit you need to spend 1 more point so I put it into opener or closer as they're the least OPed.

The 2 most important to limit are royal treatment and kitchen sink. If you max out kitchen sink you'll be able to pretty much sign every (not any, but every) recruit that you want.

With these limits @ 6* Michigan (in my last dynasty) there were plenty of recruits for whom I had to battle, winning and losing some. On top of this, there were even recruits that, after a couple of weeks, I knew I had no shot at and had to cut bait. If I had a maxed out tree, I'd never have to cut bait on anyone.

Ever.
I've never gotten far enough with any of my coaches to have to deal with the recruiting tree, but I think once I do I'm just gonna level up the points portion of it and not use anything else. I feel like recruiting is too easy as it is without help from special bonuses.

I also don't use any of my points for the on-field stuff anymore as I feel it makes player ratings largely meaningless.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #11
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

I love the idea of not scouting. Makes it more realistic when signing 4 and 5 star players that don't pan out when they get on campus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I let the CPU recruit. Then, at the position change screen, I change all the 4 and 5 star recruits (except for one) to Kickers and cut them. The one player i keep each season will be the "star" player of the class. This will keep my team from getting too powerful and make winning more rewarding.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Footski10's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with not scouting. I also wish there was an option to not see the ratings at all. I wish it was harder to figure out which QB has the strongest arm or which wide receiver has the best hands etc. I think it would make setting the depth chart much more of a challenge. Maybe just have letter grades or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »