Home

Final Version of my One Back Offense!

This is a discussion on Final Version of my One Back Offense! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow Final Version of my One Back Offense!

Let me introduce you a little known offense created by Jack Elway (John's Elway father) in the 70's and expanded by Dennis Erickson in Miami in the 80's to now. After going from pistol and shotgun sets of this offense to regular single back back and forth. I can now say that single back formations is the way to go.

Like I stated before. I just accidentally found scheme running PA roll outs and zone runs and after a few wins. I took what I found and started to explore. This what I found. A whole offense with nothing but, a offense that is not only fun but, very easy to run and make your opposite go crazy.

I strongly suggest you run chew clock and run as much time off. You can get in a shot out and win. If you want, just because of the PA Fork play. Put Pistol Bunch TE and mix in strong power in the playbook.

I am currently 17-8 online with it (played a few with pistol sets).

The playbook has only 13 formations with a spread formation added (which the offense original didn't have.)

Formations:
Big
TE Pair
Double Tight
Slot
Slot Wing
Twin TE
TE Slot
Spread
Trips (Trio)
4 Wide Trips
Jumbo Z
TE Trio Wing
Y-Trips

Plays

Running Plays
Weak/Strong Zone, Stretch, Dive, Slams, 01 Trap, and Tosses.

Passing Plays
(Singleback) PA Rollouts, PA Rollout Boot Screens, WR Screens, Shallow Crosses etc. Basically what I can "setup" plays.

The links I used to research this offense is:
http://smartfootball.com/offense/the....WWJlvuha.dpbs
http://trojanfootballanalysis.com/?p=781

Enjoy,

John
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Re: Final Version of my One Back Offense!

This is about as clear as mud. Yes, I get what you're getting at and what this offense is supposed to look like but I'm not sure which formations you want for these plays. Some formations use the same terminology. There is a Twin TE package in ACE, IFORM, PISTOL, SHOTGUN, STRONG I, and WEAK I.

It's just a bit confusing is all. I'm sure the principles are there as I made my own one back offense for my own use on NCAA 14 as well. I haven't used it online, though.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8

Well obviously if its a ONE back offense then it can only be ace, pistol or shotgun. And he also states that these formations are "single back" which refers to an ace formation.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
Well obviously if its a ONE back offense then it can only be ace, pistol or shotgun. And he also states that these formations are "single back" which refers to an ace formation.
Thank you!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
This is about as clear as mud. Yes, I get what you're getting at and what this offense is supposed to look like but I'm not sure which formations you want for these plays. Some formations use the same terminology. There is a Twin TE package in ACE, IFORM, PISTOL, SHOTGUN, STRONG I, and WEAK I.

It's just a bit confusing is all. I'm sure the principles are there as I made my own one back offense for my own use on NCAA 14 as well. I haven't used it online, though.
One back = single back. You must be new to football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
Just started!

There is a Twin TE package in ACE, IFORM, PISTOL, SHOTGUN, STRONG I, and WEAK I.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

foziweife, rkwitten already mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem

JT0000, have you already created one back playbook in SimSports ?. I'd like to see your playbook.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by foziweife
There is a Twin TE package in ACE, IFORM, PISTOL, SHOTGUN, STRONG I, and WEAK I.

I don't what part of ace/singleback don't you all understand. Lol study up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_King70
foziweife, rkwitten already mentioned.

JT0000, have you already created one back playbook in SimSports ?. I'd like to see your playbook.
Not yet still researching and tinkering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »