Home

New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures:

This is a discussion on New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2004, 12:17 PM   #25
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures:

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
NCAA could do gang tackling. There are only 2 teams on the field at the same time. And if you are talking about the DVD being full, just think, the game was on a CD a couple of years ago with room to spare.

Of coarse they could,if ESPN Football can do it,Madden and College Football,should too.They will add gang tackling too Madden,before College Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

huskermatt said:
Quote:

Flawless said:
Doesn't Madden have gang tackling? or i could be mistaken,but if Madden had it last year,NCAA Football will have it this year.Oh...wait i could be thinking of ESPN Football,they have gang tackling,so it shouldn't be a memory issue,that's just bs.The tackling looks,much better to me,there's more variety in hits,and i can't wait to see a movie,with the Big Hit feature in action.

Madden does not have as many teams, stadiums, and players to deal with so they may have more free memory to do gang tackling. Actually I liked the tackling on Ncaa last year better.

If that's really the case, I'd gladly trade the All-Time teams, All-American teams, and the Mascot teams in order to free up the memory for gangtackling. Somehow I don't think it's really a memory issue, though, despite what EA may have said. If it doesn't make it into 2005, they're probably saving it up for 2006.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

Flawless said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
NCAA could do gang tackling. There are only 2 teams on the field at the same time. And if you are talking about the DVD being full, just think, the game was on a CD a couple of years ago with room to spare.

Of coarse they could,if ESPN Football can do it,Madden and College Football,should too.They will add gang tackling too Madden,before College Football

Madden already has gang tackling.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 PM   #28
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Quote:

ycbs said:
Quote:

Flawless said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:

Madden already has gang tackling.

I thought it did.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 PM   #29
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

You have to remember that NCAA has added a lot more IN GAME features than Madden. The home field advantage (for this year, anyway), interactive crowds, cheerleaders, etc. There's a lot more in-game in NCAA than Madden. So, I'm sure they could add gang tackling, but as the producer said, they want to use the memory elsewhere.

Oh, and one more thing that NCAA has over Madden. Team specific entrances. I seem to hear people whining about getting more entrances. That uses memory, too, my friends.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #30
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Stupid question but here goes....

When I try to watch the movies, I'm only getting video on half of the screen, the bottom half is like a blue-green color. Do I need to download a newer version of Quicktime?
Old 04-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Madden's 'gang' tackling is simply two defenders making the hit at the same time and itn's the same animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #32
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Did you see that sweet tackle that Donnay Young (Auburn Safety) put on Devery Henderson (LSU WR #9)??!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »