Home

More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN

This is a discussion on More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2004, 11:03 AM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: More Info on NCAA College Football 2005,from IGN

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
I just read through it a second time and got even more excited!

The homefield advantage sounds incredible.

I don't know about you guys...but in our 5 man dynasty at home...I have a buddy who LIVES by calling audibles at the line. It's basically his whole way of moving the ball.

The ability to disrupt his playcalling, have his WRs run the wrong route, TEs miss a blocking assignment, have a WR run a pass pattern instead of audible to a run block is HUGE!!!!

Also....if you sign a bunch of stud Freshman and start all of them...you have less experience on your team in "big game situations" and are more likely to lose a road game. On that same note...it actually rewards you for starting upperclassmen who may be slower, or a little weaker, but much more developed mentally.

Damn EA. You are really making me proud guys.

Good point about the upper classmen, which leads me to the critical question: HAS EA INCREASED THE SIZE OF THE ROSTERS?

With the current rosters, it will be almost impossible not to be forced to play young guys at some positions. If they can just increase them to 65-70 players, that would probably be enough.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

And Fitz will be the cover man. Official news should be out today I think.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #11
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

This would be a nice addition to add to any sports game truthfully. It fits better for college games, but it would be nice to see a feature like this in a pro game for playoff games or something. Either way, I'm happy with this new feature for NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #12
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Also,what's got me so excited is ign,said this is just the tip of the iceberg,expect some big add-ons to the Dynasty.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

If, and i say IF EA cleans up some of the blocking assignments. Gives us more offensive/defensive formations, and more animations. It will definately be christmas in july baby! Hell even if they dont, it will still be the best game out there imo.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Ok, I just read the IGN article

I can't believe what I'm reading. Players are going to have different levels of composure? Are you kidding me? Just when I thought I'd be able to wait a couple months for this game with no problem....BOOM....I read this. Simply amazing.

The best part is that anything else they added new for this year is just icing on the cake. I hope they increase roster sizes too, that way you're not forced to play so many freshmen, but I wouldn't count on it. We can always hope though. I can't even imagine how much more they can add onto this game. maybe an AD mode? maybe a better running game? year round recruiting? expanded playbooks? They have done such an amazing job in the last two years in this game, it's just incredible.

Just going back to NCAA '03, the game was fine, but there weren't too many bells and whistles, nothing that was too complex. Last year we got the Sports Illustrated feature that tracks all the big stories of the season and different recruiting pitches, now we get true homefield advantage with player composure along with who knows what else...I must say, hats off to EA. I know it's a little early, but they are doing an incredible job with the NCAA series. To that, I give them a big
Old 04-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Sweet is all I can say. NCAA and Madden + the Import feature makes these games yearly buys. But every Year NCAA always pushes it up a notch.

Man, I can't wait for summer b/c I'll have to pop NCAA 2004 back in and play it to death until 2005 arrives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #16
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I can't wait for this any longer........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »