Home

NCAA on par with Madden?

This is a discussion on NCAA on par with Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA on par with Madden?

The atmosphere of NCAA makes it so much better to play. The offseason is better, not overdrawn and mundane like Madden, and you just get the feeling that games are meaningful in NCAA. I'm not much of EA fan anymore after starting with them in '88 w/Lakers v. Celtics on computer, but I WILL play NCAA. Madden can keep it's cheat logic and overblown franchise mode, give me rivalry Saturdays, Sports Illustrated covers, and bowl games ANY day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2004, 09:20 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I like NCAA alot better. In NCAA when you get a big play it's special. In Madden big plays happen constantly which is unrealistic.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #27
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

ODogg said:
I like NCAA alot better. In NCAA when you get a big play it's special. In Madden big plays happen constantly which is unrealistic.

I also like NCAA way more than Madden. I just enjoy the gameplay feel a lot more, the college game seems to flow and play better for me than the pro game on madden. Plus I get into recruiting kids more than a draft in Madden, I really enjoy the NCAA offseason
Old 04-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

mgoblue said:
Quote:

ODogg said:

I also like NCAA way more than Madden. I just enjoy the gameplay feel a lot more, the college game seems to flow and play better for me than the pro game on madden. Plus I get into recruiting kids more than a draft in Madden, I really enjoy the NCAA offseason

There was a news article posted somewhere that stated recruiting is even deeper this year.You now have to take grades and probability of transfering into account...Madden who?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:01 PM   #29
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

ncaa is so much better from a AI standpoint, imo. i play espn and ncaa and both games make me think. with madden you have this game with shoddy AI to make up for defense. LB's jumping up makiing amazing catches. DB's having a better chance at an INT when they are 4 yards behind the WR.

when i throw ints in NCAA, i play the replay and see what I, not the CPU, did wrong. i never feel cheated because usually it was my fault or the DB made a great and MOST IMPORTANTLY, believable play.

with madden this year i threw a deep pass to my rb on streak down the middle and the MLB broke full speed at a 90 degree angle off his underneath coverage of a drag pattern and somehow made the INT on a huge leap 20 to 25 yards downfield. those plays drove me crazy and eventually i couldnt take it anymore.

i dont understand why this game, ncaa, doesnt get the recognition madden gets for year end awards. do the voters PLAY the games or just stick to owner mode and training camp?

i play this or espn depending on my mood for the moment.

NCAA makes wise decisions also. i have slow corners on my created team and maryland had fast recievers so they scored two quick long bomb td's before i realized i needed to play my safetys deep. what a game!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:29 PM   #30
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Sometimes it's hard to believe the same company makes both of these games!!! NCAA will be king again
Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #31
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I generally purchase both and will do so again this year. Though I spend most of my time in NCAA just because College Rocks!

Though when talking about the computer "cheating", NCAA has the same type of stuff. Maybe not as often or obvious but its there. Like 8 yard dives to catch the ball or sudden bursts of speed where the receiver jumps 5 yards ahead of you nearly instantly. But this is a game and leaps and bounds ahead of anything else.

Everytime I start NCAA up I pause for a split second in utter awe at how lucky we are!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #32
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

We need some kind of pledge or anthem for when we play NCAA. We should also create a flag!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »