Home

new composure setting can only mean 1 thing...

This is a discussion on new composure setting can only mean 1 thing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2004, 03:30 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: new composure setting can only mean 1 thing...

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
Quote:

CrHawkeye said:
I don't understand their exact proggramming ways... but it's interesting that they can add all these div.2 teams, features.. and mascot teams but can't add 10-15 more players on to a roster.

Think about it...the roster files and dynasty files are already good sizes, but then add 10 players for each of the 110 teams, that's over 1000 new players to save onto the file. I know this isn't an issue for the xbox, but it is an issue for the PS2. How much that expands the file size by, I'm not sure, but it would definitely increase. It has nothing to do with what can or cannot fit on the DVD, so removing mascot teams or any other features is not the solution. Basically the only way to keep the dynasty save the same size while expanding the roster would be to cut down stat tracking or other stuff like that. I'm sure nobody wants to see that happen.

Got a source for that?

Lots of people speculate as to why EA hasn't expanded the roster size, but I have yet to see a quote from EA saying that was the case.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

TWHARRY

I am not a source but I do remember Jeff Luhr talking about this last year. He said it was due to the size of the save files on the PS2. If you expanded the rosters to 65, if you count the number of teams a total of 1170+ players along with the number of computor generated recruits would need to be increased. He said that the 55 roster size works for them and that he did not see a change in the future. If I remember correctly this was said in an interview with IGN, Gamestop, Operation Sports,....

Also I agree that the "Cutting" will get more intense due to the experience factor.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Why must us XBOX guys suffer so? Having that harddrive is pointless when the games(sports) are made for the ps2 then ported to XBOX. Just sucks!

*end rant*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2004, 09:16 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

the harddrive benefits the world

shorter loading times baby...we dont really suffer...we can have as many franchises and roster files we want to comprehend...ps2...buy another mem card...y dont ya
Old 04-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
the harddrive benefits the world

shorter loading times baby...we dont really suffer...we can have as many franchises and roster files we want to comprehend...ps2...buy another mem card...y dont ya

I was really referring to things that they say they can't do to the game that wouldn't be a problem for the XBOX but you get what I'm saying.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Why must us XBOX guys suffer so? Having that harddrive is pointless when the games(sports) are made for the ps2 then ported to XBOX. Just sucks!

*end rant*

I would assume this is because most people probably buy the PS2 version of the game. I doubt that EA wants to go through the trouble of adding a feature that will be unavailable to most people who purchase the game.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:06 PM   #15
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

doubleg said:
you know i agree with you i hate the mascot games they need to make a mascot for created teams. They also need to add more weather effects, be able to expand your stadium, fix the bump and run issue, stop the downfall of top notch schools, more meaningful celebrations, to me this game needs a whole lot of adjustments we just need more realism period.

I wouldn't mind seeing my Oregon Ducks Mascot get into the game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #16
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

bama1992 said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:

*end rant*

I would assume this is because most people probably buy the PS2 version of the game. I doubt that EA wants to go through the trouble of adding a feature that will be unavailable to most people who purchase the game.

I believe you are right in that assesment but I am curious to see how much sales drive up once it goes live. The money that EA makes should have seperate teams for both XBOX and PS2. That way each system can be used to the fullest. I hope they at least consider going this route for the next gen consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »