Home

New teams to be added to NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on New teams to be added to NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
New teams to be added to NCAA 2005?

Last year they had teams from the Atlantic 10, Big Sky, Gateway, Ivy League, MEAC, Southern, and SWAC conferences...

This year I know that Samford is in the game so that leads me to believe that the whole Ohio Valley conference will be in there as well.

Has anyone heard anything else about them adding the rest of DI-AA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2004, 03:47 AM   #2
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New teams to be added to NCAA 2005?

I speculated this at NCAA Utopia a few weeks ago. I'd like to see the Pioneer, Southland, and at least one other 1AA conference added. I'd like to see the 1AA schools be included in the dynasty mode with their on rankings and postseason 16 team playoff.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:09 AM   #3
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

i've been pushing them for FAU for few months, made it to the DII finals(or semi finals) last year so if they go by best teams DII. plus hawaii and a few other DI programs are on their schedule.

Pat Tillman
Old 04-24-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

i hope they have the patriot league!!
Old 04-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #5
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

I am not sure what school you are refering to as FAU. The only school that I am aware of with that abbreviation is Florida Atlantic University. And if my understanding is correct they were never in division 2. FAU began it's football program in Div 1-AA, but they were such a new program and it was only their intention to get up to 1-A I think they were in a status where they were ineligable for the playoffs. I remember our game against them in 2002 and they had a heck of a lot of speed on that team.

But the 2004 season will see FAU, FIU, and TSU all join the Sunbelt Conference to make it an 11 team conference. Although FAU and FIU will be in a "transitional" period. I am unsure how this affects BCS SOS calculations, but I am pretty confident that neither team will be eligable for bowl games. Although I don't think that EA's game will exclude them from a bowl game.

Kenny Tomson, as FAU and FIU are a part of a 1A conference now, I don't think you need to worry about them being included in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

PSU, I also hope that the patriot league is included as Colgate was the last undefeated team in all of division 1 until they lost to Deleware in the national championship game. 15-1 was a heck of a season for a Patriot league team.

I also hope that the 12th team to join the Atlantic 10, Towson, is included in the game. I am confident that they will be, but I really won't know for sure until I see it.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

i stand corretced. recieving my masters degree from them on the 30th so i havn't paid their athletic program as much attention as my first love, UCF.

edit: the only thing about them moving to a D1 division though in relation to the guarentee they're in NCAA 2005 is they won't be until the season 2005.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #8
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

I wish Wayne State from Nebraska was in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »