Home

PS2 vs. XBOX for NCAA 05

This is a discussion on PS2 vs. XBOX for NCAA 05 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #17
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PS2 vs. XBOX for NCAA 05

I have owned both, and XBox is way better. I sold my PS2 for it, and have no regrets. But it is not worth $250 to play NCAA on XBox.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I just think all the ea sports games play better for the PS2, it just seems like the Ea sports games were made to be played on the PS2, sounds funny I know, anyway ain't all the Xbox ea titles just ports of the PS2 version
Old 04-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

FootballForever said:
anyway ain't all the Xbox ea titles just ports of the PS2 version

To the best of my knowledge they are and to me that hurts us XBOX gamers. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

FootballForever said:
anyway ain't all the Xbox ea titles just ports of the PS2 version

To the best of my knowledge they are and to me that hurts us XBOX gamers. Just my opinion though.

I think that's about to change. Now that EA sports games will be on XBL, don't you think they system becomes that more attractive to both EA and the consumers. Not to mention that the XBOX is capable of so much more, graphics wise, when compared to the PS2.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #21
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

"Now that EA sports games will be on XBL, don't you think they system becomes that more attractive to both EA and the consumers."

Not at all - this won't effect much. Online play is such a small part of the market. Just look at these internet forums. Many people that actualy are hardcore gamers here have never played a console sports game online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
"Now that EA sports games will be on XBL, don't you think they system becomes that more attractive to both EA and the consumers."

Not at all - this won't effect much. Online play is such a small part of the market. Just look at these internet forums. Many people that actualy are hardcore gamers here have never played a console sports game online.

I understand what you're saying. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe EA only would offer a port of the PS2 version to XBOX because the game wouldn't be playable on XBL. Sort of a...what have you done for me lately?
I'm probably wrong and I really don't care to tell you the truth. They can port the game to XBOX, that's fine with me. I'm just happy that I'll be able to play it via XBL.
Every EA sports game I've owned has been for the PS2, but that's about to change.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #23
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm not sure which one I'll get the game on. If the game is offered in 720p, then XBox is the way to go for me. If not, I will probably get it for the PS2 because my friends have a PS2 so we can play online (I don't have XBL). Also, the thing I like most about the PS2 version is that there are two separate shoulder buttons for the different direction jukes. This made a huge difference for me in my running game between the two platforms. I tried 2004 on both XBox and PS2, PS2 was easier to play with, but the graphics and save times on the Xbox were so much better. I think it will come down to graphics for me, if it is in 720p, XBox the whole way, otherwise, PS2.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:07 PM   #24
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

All the EA sports games this year will support HDTV 720p for the Xbox,just like MVP Baseball 2004.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »