Home

Penalties, Fumbles, Minutes...

This is a discussion on Penalties, Fumbles, Minutes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Penalties, Fumbles, Minutes...

I'm about to start a new 5 or 6 yr dynasty. My last dynasty I think I only had 1 Fumble (non-option pitch related) & caused maybe 4 the entire season.

Is there a way to increase Fumbles without having to alter the player stats of every player?

Also what setup do you suggest for a 'realistic' amount of penalties per game @ 7min Qtrs?

Finally, do you feel 7min Qtrs gives you the most 'realistic' stats per game? I feel like I could get my numbers on Offense @ 6mins easily. But defense seems like 7mins gives me more accuracy.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Rookie

martywebb's Arena

Re: Penalties, Fumbles, Minutes...

For me, 7 minute quarters seem to yield pretty accurate stats. Although, if you're running a high-octane offense, and the opponent isn't AND you play good defense. You can get damn near 80 snaps per game. Which, in real-life, would probably be the case anyhow.

Fumbles I just don't see much of, except in Coach Mode. A lot more likely that way around, and it seems like in past titles I'd have more fumbles. Perhaps the improved read-option type system, to keep your QB from fumbling all the time, ended up over correcting.

Penalties will almost never be accurate it seems. When I was playing it'd be 2 per game at the most, for the opposition, 5 at the most. Coach mode changes this slightly in some games, but I still think 6 per game is the average for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I like 8 minute quarters, but it largely depends on your style of play. I run the ball a lot and like to rack up the time of possession, so 8 minutes works.

There isn't anyway that I know of to get more fumbles, outside of editing player's carrying ratings...which I know you probably don't want to do(I don't do it either).

You'll never get realistic penalties, really. The game is programmed in such a way that penalties just don't come up that often. Some penalty sliders actually impact player behavior more than how often a penalty gets called, so upping those won't do much in terms of getting more penalties.
People in the sliders forum have more insight into what penalty sliders do than I, though, so you may want to check there for penalty-related questions.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomas125
I'm about to start a new 5 or 6 yr dynasty. My last dynasty I think I only had 1 Fumble (non-option pitch related) & caused maybe 4 the entire season.

Is there a way to increase Fumbles without having to alter the player stats of every player?

Also what setup do you suggest for a 'realistic' amount of penalties per game @ 7min Qtrs?

Finally, do you feel 7min Qtrs gives you the most 'realistic' stats per game? I feel like I could get my numbers on Offense @ 6mins easily. But defense seems like 7mins gives me more accuracy.

Thanks.
You can change your gameplan (L1) during pick play by turning big run to aggressive then you will likely fumble the balls 2 or 3 times per games.

I usually go with 9 minutes and take time to pick plays at occasion. However, I played 6 minutes for RTG because HS games usually have 50-60 per plays.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

For fumbles I have found turning big run to aggressive and CPU run defense to 100 will increase fumbles. When the CPU run defense is at 100 they will lay big hits much more often and in turn you will fumble more as well.

I play on Heisman with human run blocking at 0 and cpu rush defense at 100 and I still have not problem running for 200+ yards against mid level and bad teams. When I play great defense it gets much harder as they get off there blocks faster and force me to really earn my yards but 150 is still pretty easily obtainable. So don't get scared to crank up the cpu rush defense you can still get yards.

CURRENT SLIDERS:
Heisman Offense
Human/Computer
10/60 Quarterback (drop to hum to 5 if to easy)
50/55 Pass Block
20/55 Catch
50/70 RB Ability
0/85 Run Block

Heisman Defense
Human/Computer
50/95 Pass Coverage
30/35 Interception
50/100 Rush Defense
45/50 Tackling

EDIT: Forgot to add that when you turn big run to aggressive also turn blocking to conservative (less holding calls but defenders shred the blocks quicker).

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
I like 8 minute quarters, but it largely depends on your style of play. I run the ball a lot and like to rack up the time of possession, so 8 minutes works.

There isn't anyway that I know of to get more fumbles, outside of editing player's carrying ratings...which I know you probably don't want to do(I don't do it either).

You'll never get realistic penalties, really. The game is programmed in such a way that penalties just don't come up that often. Some penalty sliders actually impact player behavior more than how often a penalty gets called, so upping those won't do much in terms of getting more penalties.
People in the sliders forum have more insight into what penalty sliders do than I, though, so you may want to check there for penalty-related questions.

I too play 8 minute quarters and get off 45-55 plays when I huddle but I've recently started going to a uptempo no huddle offense and I'm getting off about 60-70 plays a game.

For the fumbles the thing I do is recruit players on defense with their hit power higher than their tackle rating. I believe this will cause more fumbles and makes it easier to tackle by just using the hit stick.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Oh, I forgot that you will get more penalties if you turn block to aggressive via gameplan ,but I have no idea about defense, though.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

The downside to setting aggressive running and blocking is that you make the running game too easy.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »