Home

did they ever fix the human defense against cpu offense?

This is a discussion on did they ever fix the human defense against cpu offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
did they ever fix the human defense against cpu offense?

? just wondering bc i quit plaing over a year ag o. i couldnt stop the cpu ever. did they fix defense or no
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

Re: did they ever fix the human defense against cpu offense?

You couldn't stop the CPU ever?
Did you try playing on a lower level? Varsity?

That is a total skill/strategy thing not a game flaw.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

The user pass defense is an enormous flaw in the game. Zone is average at best, but often leaves gaping holes.

Any time you use man defense, the CPU can complete a corner or out pattern anytime it wants. It's broken.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmr5
? just wondering bc i quit plaing over a year ag o. i couldnt stop the cpu ever. did they fix defense or no
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt
You couldn't stop the CPU ever?
Did you try playing on a lower level? Varsity?

That is a total skill/strategy thing not a game flaw.
What Matt said. If you can't stop the CPU ever, that's on you and skill level/slider changes should fix this.

I play 8 minute quarters on Heisman with sliders skewed pretty heavily towards the CPU and I've never had an issue with defense. When my teams are really good, I'm almost always in the top 5 for PPA/G, total defense, rush defense, and top 30 for pass defense. When my teams are bad (IE. UMass, ODU, ECU) my offense takes a big hit, but my D is usually still top 30 nationally.

I actually tried All American when I was with UMass (because I struggled on D my 1st year there) and in 2 games I gave up about 100 yards/game so I had to bump it back up to Heisman and just suck it up.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
The user pass defense is an enormous flaw in the game. Zone is average at best, but often leaves gaping holes.

Any time you use man defense, the CPU can complete a corner or out pattern anytime it wants. It's broken.
That's true ,but it's not totally broken. I have no problem to play on AA or Heisman that they rarely had 300+ against my defense. I did have worst luck against Oklahoma State whereas slot receiver Jordan had big day against my defense despite my team was number one vs. passing.

However, it turned out that's completely my fault for not recognized routes that Jordan ran. Basically, I should have called audible buzz or hook that could have prevented him to have big day against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

i played ncaa 12 a lot and was able to win 10 or 11 games each year on heisman. buy with 14 i cant stop wyoming from scoring 70. qbs have ridiculouse completion percentage and scrambles
Old 11-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmr5
i played ncaa 12 a lot and was able to win 10 or 11 games each year on heisman. buy with 14 i cant stop wyoming from scoring 70. qbs have ridiculouse completion percentage and scrambles
It just sounds like you need some practice. I've played 525 dynasty games on Heisman with 7 or 8 minute quarters and a no huddle offense (which means the CPU gets a lot of possessions due to my fast paced offense). In those 525 games I've never once given up 70 or even 60 points before. About 80% of those games were against Power 5 conference teams too, and not the Wyomings of the world so it's definitely extremely possible to play great D in NCAA '14.

As for stopping scrambles you can put your line in contain, but using a spy is an EXTREMELY effective way to stop scramblers. I actually dislike playing scramblers for the opposite reason as you and that's because anytime I play a scrambler I end up getting TONS of sacks as he gets sacked on over 50% of his scrambles. Granted most of the sacks are only for 1-3 yard losses, but still the QB has a hell of a time getting positive yardage on scrambles.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 11-09-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know what you guys are doing. I run a mix of man and zone, always bring pressure, slant the lines, shift the LBs, etc. EVERY single season, I'm #1 in rush D and sacks, and horrible in pass D.

I don't give up that many points, but it's still frustrating as hell. I run man, it's either a sack or an open corner or out route. I run zone, it's either a sack or the QB hits a wide-open back or WR in a gaping hole in the zone.

I'm almost always Florida, so everyone has high ratings, and it's meaningless. Especially the safeties, they can literally have 95+ man rating, and get juked by 10 yards on a simple route. It's broken, whether some are successful or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »