Home

How do you think transfers will work?

This is a discussion on How do you think transfers will work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: How do you think transfers will work?

Quote:

msuforever said:
The best teams have MUCH better depth than the others do. You could stick Miami's 3rd string QB (whoever that ends up being), and he would start on 80% of the teams in the NCAA. That doesn't mean he'll transfer. I think if your team has high prestige, you should be able to keep a good player more, and I DO think you should have the opportunity to spend points on them to get them back.

That may be true to an extent, I don't know about 80% though. But usually there is a discrepency between the years of players. Usually there will be an upperclass man and some lower classmen backing him up. In real life, I don't care how prestigous your program is. If for some reason you get 3 great QBs that are all sophomores, at least one is most likely gonna transfer. And that's how I would hope it would work in the game.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jgully said:
Quote:

msuforever said:
The best teams have MUCH better depth than the others do. You could stick Miami's 3rd string QB (whoever that ends up being), and he would start on 80% of the teams in the NCAA. That doesn't mean he'll transfer. I think if your team has high prestige, you should be able to keep a good player more, and I DO think you should have the opportunity to spend points on them to get them back.

That may be true to an extent, I don't know about 80% though. But usually there is a discrepency between the years of players. Usually there will be an upperclass man and some lower classmen backing him up. In real life, I don't care how prestigous your program is. If for some reason you get 3 great QBs that are all sophomores, at least one is most likely gonna transfer. And that's how I would hope it would work in the game.

True, I was just saying that I don't want Kyle Wright transfering because of Brock Berlin, or anything like that. A player whose a couple of years younger than the starter should stay, and wait his turn.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #11
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe it works like this, but i doubt they would add such a stat:

In Madden, you scout for guys and such, and they tell you how the interview is. Maybe there should be something where there is like an attitude rating, or when you are recruiting one of the updates or stats could be "This player wants to play right away" or "This player would like to play early", or "This player thinks he needs time to develop, and wants to grow to be the best he can be". For example, some players are content to wait their turn, or at least until their junior or senior years. While some, like Maurice Clarett, want to start right away, want the ball, complain constantly. Although i bet they would overdo this, it would certainly be a factor in recruiting, and would make playing time more of a pitch to some. So then you would not only be recruiting that person, but recruiting the quality of character. I think it would be cool if done right, however it could be really bad if overdone.

Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #12
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Whatever happens this is great and will add just that much more depth to an already great offseason mode.

I cant wait!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »