Home

oldie but a goodie

This is a discussion on oldie but a goodie within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
oldie but a goodie

One of our favorite questions has just surfaced again.

Tell us about your favorite "player" in NCAA. Be sure to give the name, Year version, Team, and stats if possible.

Mine - L. Luhr, Wyoming, Running Back, 2000+ yards each of his 3 starting years, Heisman back to back, NCAA 1999.

This caused my desire to always follow this order of teams in my dynasty, Nebraska till it gets to easy, Wyoming till I win the NC(getting more difficult with each NCAA version), create a school...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: oldie but a goodie

I was just thinking of making a thread like this:

Troy Hensley, RB, MSU: (2003) I recruited him sometime in about 2006 or so with 95 speed, 80+ break tackle, and 90+ agility. His first run against some crappy school went for a 60+ yard TD run, and after that I knew he would be special. Had 2000+ yards as a Junior and 5000+ over his career. Sadly, I was tired of Madden so never got to play with him.

LeVon Vance, Lefty QB, Oregon State: (2004) Recruited LeVon in year 3 of my Oregon State dynasty. Came in with a 4.46 40, A+ arm strengh, B+ accuracy and good agility as well. Was an 86 speed in the game by the time he left as a Junior. In my first game with him, on the first throw, it was a completion, but he got injured for 6 weeks, so that kind of sucked. However, he came back and tore it up his Sophomore year both Passing and rushing with TDs up the wazoo and ended up in the Top 5 for Heisman. In his Junior year he won the Heisman and bolted for Madden without even listening to my pleas. Unfortunely, he was the biggest bust I have ever had in Madden. I took him in teh 1st round because my team needed a QB. Came in and threw picks left and right and never amounted to a thing in the NFL and I cut him after year 4.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

NCAA 2003:

6'5", 235 lb. WR named Cornelius Duke. Monster. Terrible hands, but they got better. Hellacious deep threat. Ah, I still remember the great #8........oh the memories!!! I had him on my created SWT Bobcats. Talk about a big fish in a small pond.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

John Conner - Auburn QB (NCAA Football 2004).

I signed him after the 2004 season after my QB Jason Campbell graduated. There were no QBs on the roster but I ended up signing 2 5-star QBs, with Conner slated to be my backup. The number 1 QB was having a heck of a freshman season when he tore an adominal muscle in the 5th game of the year. In steps Conner. His amazing precision was immediately evident. When the former starting QB was healthy again, he found himself on the bench for the next 4 years. Conner led the Tigers to 4 straight national championships and broke NCAA records for most season and career passing yards and touchdowns, as he decided to remain at Auburn for 4 years passing up millions in Madden dollars. That unfortunate QB that had the injury force him to the bench for 4 years, did redshirt one year and started as the 1st string QB after Conner's senior year, when he did show that he lost nothing while doing his time as a backup, as he did break Conner's single season passing record his senior year.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

#66 OLB ** Jasper Huff
6'6" 218
5.00 40
340 Bench
400 Squat
3.5 GPA

I took Jasper because I was intrigued by his height and GPA. By his true senior year season (I could not redshirt him because I only had three OLB's on roster), he ended up being 6'6" 242 with 94 awareness (91 OVR) and was my starting MLB his junior and senior year. He tackled anything from OT to OT and took out the middle in pass defense. Jasper had 71 tackles, 23 for loss, 3 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, and 6 passes deflected in his senior year at middle linebacker and I just keep thinking, "What if I had redshirted him?"

#9 QB **** Terrance Foreman
6'0" 190
4.56 40
A (LH)
A-

I was blinded by Foreman's speed and arm and failed to realize that he is a) left-handed (something I do horribly with) and b) only six feet tall. Terrance's throws were routinely inaccurate (due to unfamiliarity with LH) and they were often batted at the line of scrimmage. On top of that, his 82 speed was too much of a temptation to run a lot of option. That's not my style and he changed up my whole offense. Almost every game, he had more carries than my tailback (who won the Heisman the previous year).
I finally recruited a more traditional QB and benched Terrance. I felt bad though, because it was me, not him, who anointed him the savior so I looked for ways to get him on the field. Heading into his junior season, he had 82 speed, 93 agility, and 85 acceleration. I made him my third string tailback in order to redshirt two of my three freshman TB's and he did better than expected. Because he was always fresh and had 93 agility, he rushed for 390 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year and caught a few passes as well after making the switch (and changing jerseys from #17 to #28.) His senior year, the other guys wereoff redshirt, so he was again looking for a new position to make his mark. However, I only had two CB's returning. Terrance was only four points slower than my #2 CB and was about thirty points smarter in awareness. I run cover two almost exclusively and my CB's aren't asked to cover man for man for great distances. So, his senior year, Terrance finally had a success as a starter. . . at cornerback. Because of his great awareness, Terrance was always in the right spot and never got burned. His stats were: 47 tackles, 3 for loss, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 safety, 1 forced fumble, and 5 passes deflected.

Terrance and Jasper took separate paths to having a permanent spot in my heart. Jasper was the slow, lanky OLB that nobody wanted; Terrance was the QB everyone wanted and came in facing Ron Powlus-esque expectations. With the right position change and added weight, Jasper became the player no one thought he could be while Terrance faced disappointment after disappointment until he finally lived up to the hype, albeit at a different position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #6
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...part=1&vc=1

This thread is about sleepers and is a great read.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #7
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

wow.. its been a long time.. but in my 2002 notre dame dynasties.. i always had great strong safeties and great running backs..
Old 04-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Xavier Lee #11

Passing

Freshman -> 175-257, 2536 yards, 24 TDs 7 INTs
Sophomore -> 259-373, 3924 yards, 39 TDs 11 INTs
Junior -> 222-335, 4100 yards, 45 TDs 11 INTs
Senior -> 227-333, 4491 yards, 49 TDs 17 INTs

Rushing

Freshman -> 118 att, 849 yards, 9 TDs
Sophomore -> 115 att, 513 yards, 12 TDs
Junior -> 112 att, 465 yards, 11 TDs
Senior -> 91 att, 422 yards, 6 TDs

Records

*All School Passing Records*

Career Passing Yards -> 15,051 yards
Career Passing TDs -> 157 TDs
Single-Season QB Rating -> 219.8
Career Record -> 48-0

Awards

Freshman Team All-American
3-Time First Team All-American
Second Team All-American
2-Time Heisman Trophy Winner(Would have won it as a Freshman but got hurt early in the year. Would have won it as a Senior but got hurt at the end of the year)
4-Time Maxwell Award Winner
4-Time Best QB Award Winner

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »