Home

Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will "Defect" to XBOX?

This is a discussion on Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will "Defect" to XBOX? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2004, 02:20 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Now that NCAA is on XBox live..how many of you will \"Defect\" to XB

Quote:

ODogg said:
I'd like to know how it's not equal if you're on broadband once you add a headset to PS2. How is Live better? The only thing I can think of is a gamer tag that follows you around, but that's not a gameplay issue.

Not a gameplay issue? Ever heard of knowing when your friends are online, knowing that some 2 bit cheater can't just change names on the whim, that you can talk to your friends without a game even being in your DVD drive, that while your playing another game one of your buddies sends you a voice message asking if you wanna play NCAA 2005? You can see what your friends are playing in the dashboard or on your PC! Clan support, tournament creations, MSN Messenger integration, etc. etc. etc.
Believe me you get what you pay for and it isn't money wasted. The XBL experience is much better than PS2 Online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #66
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

XBOX LIVE on NCAA 2005 got shut down!

http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/ncaautopia/ scroll down to the May 5th article they have posted.

I knew it was a hoax.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:50 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

bags03 said:

http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/ncaautopia/ scroll down to the May 5th article they have posted.

I knew it was a hoax.

Can you read? That article states nothing more than what we already knew. It had never been confirmed that EA was coming to XBL, everyone is just assuming that it will be announced at E3.
Nowhere in that article does it say that EA ISN'T coming to XBL.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:33 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Sully said:
Quote:

bags03 said:

I knew it was a hoax.

Can you read? That article states nothing more than what we already knew. It had never been confirmed that EA was coming to XBL, everyone is just assuming that it will be announced at E3.
Nowhere in that article does it say that EA ISN'T coming to XBL.

There is talk floating around the message boards now about a survey that EA sent out via email that basically asks about 50 questions about how much people would be willing to pay to play Madden 2005 Online and also asks what your excitment level would be about Madden 2005 being on Xbox Live. It also asks if you'd be willing to pay to play in an online Fantasy Football League through their service. There are screenshots of it floating around other forums (maybe here too, don't know)

But anyway, to me that strongly suggests that Madden 2005 will be on Xbox Live, but also that they will charge an additional fee on top of Xbox Live and charge PS2 users as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this entire system isn't available for NCAA 2005 though just based on the style of questioning.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:30 AM   #69
F*n *s G**d

plez2002's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll be sticking with the PS2... Nothing personal against the XBOX, but as another poster said, I plan to wait for the next-generation consoles to come out before replacing the one I have. Plus, as a Windows XP user (and I've got the patches to prove it), I'm already a loyal MS customer...
Old 05-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

nomennescio123 said:
There is talk floating around the message boards now about a survey that EA sent out via email that basically asks about 50 questions about how much people would be willing to pay to play Madden 2005 Online and also asks what your excitment level would be about Madden 2005 being on Xbox Live. It also asks if you'd be willing to pay to play in an online Fantasy Football League through their service. There are screenshots of it floating around other forums (maybe here too, don't know)

But anyway, to me that strongly suggests that Madden 2005 will be on Xbox Live, but also that they will charge an additional fee on top of Xbox Live and charge PS2 users as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if this entire system isn't available for NCAA 2005 though just based on the style of questioning.

You may already know this, but Madden has used a very similar survey for at least the last couple of years. I remember filling out a survey with Madden 2003 on PC asking basically the same questions. I actually WOULD be surprised if they charged on the consoles this year, but wouldn't be surprised for future years.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

lordsin said:
You may already know this, but Madden has used a very similar survey for at least the last couple of years. I remember filling out a survey with Madden 2003 on PC asking basically the same questions. I actually WOULD be surprised if they charged on the consoles this year, but wouldn't be surprised for future years.

Did the previous ones ever mention Xbox Live though? My main thinking is that they wouldn't mention Xbox Live if they didn't have something in place (unless its simply a bargaining chip). I honestly don't know though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Not a gameplay issue? Ever heard of knowing when your friends are online

EA Sports has a buddy list on all of their online games.

Quote:

knowing that some 2 bit cheater can't just change names on the whim

This is the only valid difference between the two and I stated that was all I could see was the difference between the two in my original post.

Quote:

that you can talk to your friends without a game even being in your DVD drive

This has nothing to do with Madden/NCAA or playing Madden/NCAA online.

Quote:

that while your playing another game one of your buddies sends you a voice message asking if you wanna play NCAA 2005?

You can send messages on PS2 Madden/NCAA while someone is playing another game but not a voice message is all. Again though, this feature has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

Quote:

You can see what your friends are playing in the dashboard

Ditto for PS2 NCAA/MAdden online, you can also see what they are playing from the buddy list.

Quote:

Clan support, tournament creations, MSN Messenger integration, etc. etc. etc.

None of this has anything to do with EA's sports games.

Quote:

Believe me you get what you pay for and it isn't money wasted. The XBL experience is much better than PS2 Online play.

You are right that XBox Live is better as an overall service but for EA Sports games being online no one can say there is any real difference between XBox or PS2. And that is what this thread is about, not about which is better overall service, XBox Live or PS2 online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »