Home

NCAA 04 ???

This is a discussion on NCAA 04 ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA 04 ???

Just wondering if anyone ever came up with an effective way to block punts or field goals?

I am in year 10 of my dynasty and I haven't blocked a punt or field goal yet. Heck, even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA 04 ???

Not a single block ever. That was something I asked about in the E3 thread, was if it was going to be easier to do this. Also, if there was mis-ques on snaps, etc. I remember NCAA 2001 on PS was soo easy to block them. Line up the exact same way, and make one juke to the right of the center and BAM....easy block!
Old 05-08-2004, 06:30 PM   #3
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

I've blocked a few punts, mostly playing against other people though. Never blocked a field goal or XP though. Came close a few times, but never got one.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

hogs like acorns......
Old 05-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

I've blocked a punt and a couple field goals.

On the only punt I ever blocked, I lined up in punt return and came off the corner. Luckily, the snap pulled the punter to my side so it was easy pickings.

On the field goals, I lined up behind the LB and as soon as the ball was snapped, I tried to run through the space the DTs made. Sometimes I would be able to get through and block the kick or sometimes I would get through and miss. But most of the time, I wouldn't get through.

Hope that helps in some way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I have blocked punts but never extra points of fg's.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Someone in my NCAA Football online league knows how to block FGs and has done it against me many times. Has to be a pretty fast guy so pretty much bring a safety/DB in there and what he does is bring him in between the 2nd to last and last guy on the right side (right side of TV) and online you can tell when the person starts the kick meter and he has it timed where he can get past the 'offensive line' protecting the kicker/holder and just go right in and most of the time he just tackles the holder before hte kicker gets to him. Ive tried it and come close but just not as good as him. Also, he pretty much times it to a full powered kick so if you dont take the kick to the top of the meter, he cant block it so thats what you do on chip shots & PATs.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:06 AM   #8
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

bags03 said:
Someone in my NCAA Football online league knows how to block FGs and has done it against me many times. Has to be a pretty fast guy so pretty much bring a safety/DB in there and what he does is bring him in between the 2nd to last and last guy on the right side (right side of TV) and online you can tell when the person starts the kick meter and he has it timed where he can get past the 'offensive line' protecting the kicker/holder and just go right in and most of the time he just tackles the holder before hte kicker gets to him. Ive tried it and come close but just not as good as him. Also, he pretty much times it to a full powered kick so if you dont take the kick to the top of the meter, he cant block it so thats what you do on chip shots & PATs.

After you press 'X' for the third time during your kick, hold the button down for a second or two. The kicker will not start his motion until you let go, so you can really mess up his timing, even draw him offsides. That is what I do to counter that; hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »