Home

It's Official: EA and Microsoft!

This is a discussion on It's Official: EA and Microsoft! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2004, 11:30 AM   #25
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: It\'s Official: EA and Microsoft!

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

fsquid said:
Before we get the "I know its a small price to pay for such a great online experience" answers. Just think about it. If it starts with a small charge now, what will it be like 5 years from now?

Baby steps - They don't want to suck you dry at once. They do however want to slowly milk you for everything you are worth. The PC you are using will soon be the same way(unless you switch to a non windows OS) - you will have ot pay for every song you listen to, every video you watch and every minute you spend surfing OS.. its coming.

Wow talk about a conspiracy theory right there, everything you do will be monitored eh? lol. sadly I think your right on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 11:55 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

I thought the Q&A stated them possibly charging for premium content such as exclusive xbox only downloads, like skins and NOT for playing the game, similar to Links.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:31 PM   #27
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Paying for content downloads? Eh... I'll stay away fromt hat part.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #28
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

fsquid said:
Before we get the "I know its a small price to pay for such a great online experience" answers. Just think about it. If it starts with a small charge now, what will it be like 5 years from now?

Baby steps - They don't want to suck you dry at once. They do however want to slowly milk you for everything you are worth. The PC you are using will soon be the same way(unless you switch to a non windows OS) - you will have ot pay for every song you listen to, every video you watch and every minute you spend surfing OS.. its coming.

God bless linux! A new red hat OS is coming out too!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #29
Pro

Fierce2k4's Arena

OVR: 5

$50 a year for xbox live...now Ea wants to charge seperate fee's.....To hell with that (even though ncaa online would be great!)
Old 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM   #30
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I thought that the whole idea of paying $50 a year for Live was so you didn't have to pay a monthly charge for each game. I will not pay a separate monthly fee to play a game thorugh the Xbox Live services b/c I have already paid for XL. If a game is Live enabled then I should not have to pay for the Live service twice. I already paid to have access to the live service. Greedy bastards. Plus, will it still be free for PS2 online. If so that is F----ed up. This is what happens when 2 money hungry companies who do not care about the consumer come together. This was suppose to be good news. I swear that I remember when XL was starting up that one of the selling points that MS kept mentioning was the fact that you pay one fee to MS and not for each game like on a PC. This goes against the whole reason I bought Xbox Live. Just wait, if EA does this successfuly then many other companies will follow. We will end up pay $50/year to MS and the $10/month for each game we want to play online. This sucks!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:27 PM   #31
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

As kirk says in the game "the rich get richer..."

I thought you guys were juiced about 2005 on live...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #32
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

rolltide1017 said:
I thought that the whole idea of paying $50 a year for Live was so you didn't have to pay a monthly charge for each game. I will not pay a separate monthly fee to play a game thorugh the Xbox Live services b/c I have already paid for XL. If a game is Live enabled then I should not have to pay for the Live service twice. I already paid to have access to the live service. Greedy bastards. Plus, will it still be free for PS2 online. If so that is F----ed up. This is what happens when 2 money hungry companies who do not care about the consumer come together. This was suppose to be good news. I swear that I remember when XL was starting up that one of the selling points that MS kept mentioning was the fact that you pay one fee to MS and not for each game like on a PC. This goes against the whole reason I bought Xbox Live. Just wait, if EA does this successfuly then many other companies will follow. We will end up pay $50/year to MS and the $10/month for each game we want to play online. This sucks!!!!

Everyone relax. In the article it says they are experimenting with the fees to see people's reaction. If everyone says they won't mind paying a fee then EA will probably have some sort of monthly fee in addition to xbox live. If people are saying over their dead body will they pay an additional fee, then I really don't think EA will do it. (this year at least)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »