Home

Sim pass stats

This is a discussion on Sim pass stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5
Sim pass stats

I'm sure this has probably been touched on, but has anyone had remotely realistic passing stats after simming a year in dynasty? There's only been one guy that has thrown 4000 yards. Everyone else is 3500 and under. Rushing stats are on point, but these passing stats are crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Rookie

cory_gators15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sim pass stats

The completion percentages are also messed up there are too many qb's with under 50%
Old 11-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

I've tried putting pass accuracy on 100 to fix that, but it had no effect.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Sim pass stats

Change coaching sliders aggressiveness to 50/50 and up the passing frequency a bit. Should fix the problem
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Change coaching sliders aggressiveness to 50/50 and up the passing frequency a bit. Should fix the problem
All the aggressiveness sliders were already on 50/50. I ran a test with the SEC only by going up 3 clicks on passing frequency. Still, no one threw for 3000 yards. Blake Sims had a 66% completion percentage which was by far the best. Hutson Mason was second at 54%. I changed passing frequency for the head coach and the offensive coordinator. There were only 4 QB's in the SEC that threw for over 50%. Would it be possible that it's the roster I'm using? I just downloaded the latest Buffeye Rosters.

Last edited by dpmx21; 11-25-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmx21
All the aggressiveness sliders were already on 50/50. I ran a test with the SEC only by going up 3 clicks on passing frequency. Still, no one threw for 3000 yards. Blake Sims had a 66% completion percentage which was by far the best. Hutson Mason was second at 54%. I changed passing frequency for the head coach and the offensive coordinator. There were only 4 QB's in the SEC that threw for over 50%. Would it be possible that it's the roster I'm using? I just downloaded the latest Buffeye Rosters.
The completion % is mainly affected by the individual QB's AWR.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

I posted this in the one of the Editor threads yesterday but think it applies here:
_________

After doing some analysis, I do think the key to better simulation stats at the beginning of a dynasty is doing some mass edits to lower defensive attributes rather than raise the offensive ones. I compared one of the recent Buffeye Roster releases for the 2014 season to dynasties simmed five years forward so they have only computer-generated players.

I exported all players from the initial file and the file after five years into Excel, sorted them by position, and then averaged the ratings for each player at each position in each attribute.

A few quick notes on findings:
Each and every defensive position averaged a higher awareness rating on the initial roster compared to the roster in five years by anywhere from six to 18 points. I think this is pretty significant. MLBs had the biggest difference, going from 72.26 AWR in the initial file to 54.56 AWR after five years.
Most positions had at least a couple points higher rating on the initial roster in speed, agility, tackling, and pursuit. Might not be as significant, but could still make a bit of a difference.

Basically, I think the issue with sim stats the first few years is that defenders are rated too highly rather than QBs being too low. If you sim forward a few years with all computer-generated players offensive stats are a bit closer to current realistic levels. They still are not perfect, but definitely better than year one.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

Thanks for the replies guys. I added 10 points of awareness to each sec qb and simmed another year. There were six qbs with over 60% completion percentage. So that was better than usual. Still low passing yards though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »