Home

Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers

This is a discussion on Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Yes! they finally have athlete recruits and player transfers

Yeah would be pretty ignorant to have players transfer from your school but not allow you to recieve transfers.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

if the 75 man rosters are in and thats a huge if. it could easily be hype or an "oops i meant 55, what were y'all thinkin' about?" if they're in then it would actually make teams stronger. you could actually have a legitimate 2nd team. instead of having 3rd string WRs show up as FSs on 2nd team defense. more people could play because you could a whole different team in in the 2nd half
Old 05-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #11
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

This is awesome, now i can recruit DB's and turn in em to WR's, or visa versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

But it would be in line with other things like the fact that CPU coaches never lose their jobs and CPU team don't move around form conference to conference.

Part of it depends on when a player is confirmed as transferring, and how his is departure handled within the game.

I could envision a system in which you get to the "Players Leaving" screen and see the Seniors, any underclassmen PLUS any player who is transferring. At this point you'd be able to talk them into staying using recruiting points. If they leave they could be put into the recruiting pool and noted as a transfer. Then every team could recruit them. If you sign a transfer he'd be added to your roster and auto-redshirted for a season. This system is not without flaws but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they handled it.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:53 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
***Quickly searches for welcome to last week image***

Yeah but hey it's his first post after a long time so maybe he just got back from the desert island. Welcome back!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:06 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Montezuma:

That's a good thought. I agree that this may be the way EA does it.

I doubt we'll see something like "Frank Gore transfers to UL-Lafayette." It will be more of a free for all.

As a UM fan, I'll be fine as long as I can grab some transfers when all my players leave!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Ya never know where kids might go. If Gore returns but can't beat out Moss he might look to finish somewhere else but play right away. So that opens up D1-AA schools. This is just a hypothetical but one that the game may take into account.

I could argue that each "pitch" should have more impact on transfers. PT would come first, but some kids will want to be closer to home. So would their home state be tracked in case they transfer? hmm. NC A+T, Western Carolina, App State regularly pick up players who leave the NC ACC schools.

Coaching style might play into it if a WR left because they moved toward a running oriented offense. Prestige may work both ways too.

I do hope they keep this feature "under control". Its the kind of thing that could happen way too often and really hurt after finally getting expanded rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »