Home

Some More Impressions From E3

This is a discussion on Some More Impressions From E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2004, 12:29 AM   #17
Rookie

KobeBryant's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Some More Impressions From E3

Awesome link man, thanks a lot.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:27 AM   #18
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

fpac said:
Found a little info from an OU message board....

I went to E3 today and got to play with NCAA 2005

The demo was hard coded to play only USC and LSU.. or so I thought. I eventually got to play an OU game when I found out they forgot to block the rival game menu. So I played OU/Nebraska and OU/OSU. For some reason they have Missouri listed as one of our Rivals. We Have Texas/OSU/Nebraska/Missouri

First things first.

STILL No Sooner Schooner
STILL No new version of the stadium
STILL enter the field from the wrong tunnel
STILL No Rufnecks
OU is ranked #2 (For now, the rankings always change between now and release) I saw Ohio State was ranked #1,Miami #3, KSU #4 Texas #5 USC #9 LSU #14, I didn't see a full top 25 so I dunno who was ranked where

This is the buggiest version of NCAA I've ever seen at E3, usually it's very close to being ship ready, this one was not. There were graphic errors and the version on X-Box ran really slowly. The PS2 version was closest to being done, ran at full speed, looked great. The graphics are much slicker this year and basically look the same on all 3 platforms. The Home Field advantage is pretty cool. OU's Stadium is the 17th ranked HFA stadium when the game starts, the top 25 stadiums changes based on your success, and the players who are frazzled will drop passes and start pointing fingers after bad plays. There are a lot of new tackle animations and the tip drill is crazy. The ball will stay live, but react more realistically, allowing for tipped passes being intercepted more realistically than some of those "magic bullet" type tip drills from last year's version. The running animations are a lot better, the players will lean into turns. You can make your own playbooks too.

He's got a ton of pics on the post so you might avoid it if you don't have broadband....unless you feel like waiting a while. Link

I think you need to make a seperate thread for this,so people can see.Those pics take forever to load,but there the best i've seen yet.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #19
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Flawless said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Found a little info from an OU message board....

OU is ranked #2 (For now, the rankings always change between now and release) I saw Ohio State was ranked #1,Miami #3, KSU #4 Texas #5 USC #9 LSU #14, I didn't see a full top 25 so I dunno who was ranked where

I have not looked at the screenshots or anything, i am kind of skeptical of this:
Although i am a huge OSU fan... I doubt we are #1. I would also kind of hate it, as last year playing as OSU wasnt as fun, as it was one of the most stacked teams in the game. I think that USC is better than OSU, seeing as they at least have their offense coming back. We lost Krenzel, McMullen, the possibility of Clarett, Mike Jenkins, Ben Hartsock, and half of our O Line. We also lost 3/4 of our starting D Line, and a CB and S... if OSU is ranked #1... then all of those replacements have to be rated really well.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well skeptical or not that's where they were ranked. Someone pointed out that was the exact ranking from last season which makes sense. But I did see OSU ranked #1

I'll be interested to see if the NCAA sanctions and dealing off field trouble stays in. As you recall they pulled the goalpost stuff from last year at the last minute.

The lighting is signicantly improved in all versions, and the grass textures look great.

Another thing of note is that on kick returns the camera swings around before the kickoff so you can see how your blockers are lining up before your returner gets the ball. This was a great help in the return game and defending the return. There seemed to be more mishandled punts and just fumbles in general.

Also this may be because they were all displayed on widescreen TVs but the camera felt lower so you could see further downfield and see more of the crowd.

The crowd audio was really rockin too.

Should be a cool game.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #21
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

What about the running animations,other articles are saying,they look alot better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #22
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

one thing I really liked as you can see in this screen shot is the fact that you can see the player in his helmet where all the personal info goes.... I would love it if they put a pick of the guys you were recruiting above their info as well but its not a biggie....
Old 05-14-2004, 07:15 PM   #23
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Quote:

Superstar said:
one thing I really liked as you can see in this screen shot is the fact that you can see the player in his helmet where all the personal info goes.... I would love it if they put a pick of the guys you were recruiting above their info as well but its not a biggie....

I noticed a problem with this,that's an Ohio St jersey,but on the left side,there's an OU logo...what's up with that?
Old 05-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #24
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I have a feeling that since the game is still in beta stage either the pics just couldn't keep up with the guy checking the players or they haven't correctly put the pics in the game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »