Home

What teams do you replace for Ivy League Dynasty w/ Accurate Rivalries

This is a discussion on What teams do you replace for Ivy League Dynasty w/ Accurate Rivalries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What teams do you replace for Ivy League Dynasty w/ Accurate Rivalries

I'm trying to set a dynasty up to play with some friends and i can't figure out what teams to replace to get the rivalries to work out right. Can anyone help me out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What teams do you replace for Ivy League Dynasty w/ Accurate Rivalries

Since Ivy League has 8 members, they're rivals to each other.

Princeton-Penn

Columbia-Cornell

Yale-Harvard

Dartmouth-Brown

Those are probably most common rivalries.

If you want to add more teams aka 12 teams, you should add UAA members such as Chicago Maroons, Rochester Yellowjackets, Washington Bears, Carnegie Mellon Tartans, New York Violets, etc. Oh, you can add John Hopkins Bluejays, MIT Engineers, Boston Terriers, or known academic schools too.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I think he means what existing teams to replace so that the appropriate rivalries are made in game. For example, Ohio State and Michigan are rivals, so if I replace Michigan with School A, then Ohio State appears as School A's rival and vice versa. He wants to find the teams to replace to keep his Ivy League rivalries intact
Old 12-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I think he means what existing teams to replace so that the appropriate rivalries are made in game. For example, Ohio State and Michigan are rivals, so if I replace Michigan with School A, then Ohio State appears as School A's rival and vice versa. He wants to find the teams to replace to keep his Ivy League rivalries intact
Are you sure that Michigan and Ohio would be selected as rivals if they're replaced? I know that TB teams will only get 1 rivalry and Michigan has 4 rivals (maybe the game would keep the Minnesota, ND, or MSU rivalry instead of Ohio). How does the game determine which rivalry gets kept? Is it the 1st one listed? Alphabetically first? Random? etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-07-2014, 01:36 AM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you sure that Michigan and Ohio would be selected as rivals if they're replaced? I know that TB teams will only get 1 rivalry and Michigan has 4 rivals (maybe the game would keep the Minnesota, ND, or MSU rivalry instead of Ohio). How does the game determine which rivalry gets kept? Is it the 1st one listed? Alphabetically first? Random? etc.

I believe they're just direct replacements. For example, I made Nebraska-Omaha and Nebraska-Kearney and replaced Army and Navy with them. I believe Air Force was still a rival of both though, although it's been awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
I believe they're just direct replacements. For example, I made Nebraska-Omaha and Nebraska-Kearney and replaced Army and Navy with them. I believe Air Force was still a rival of both though, although it's been awhile.
I'd be surprised because everything I've read about TB said that they'd only keep 1 rival.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:59 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'd be surprised because everything I've read about TB said that they'd only keep 1 rival.
I created a dynasty w/ 1 TB team. I replaced Michigan with them and their only rival was Ohio.

Next I downloaded 4 more TB teams and then added all 5 to a dynasty, replacing Michigan and their 4 rivals; ND, Ohio, MSU, Minnesota. They all only had 1 rival and here are their rivals that the game kept:
(Team replaced) - Rival
(Michigan) - EA (dunno which of the 4 other replacements this is, but prolly Ohio or MSU, most likely Ohio due to my 1 team test)
(ND) - USC (it didn't keep Michigan or MSU, both of which were rivals that I replaced)
(Ohio) - EA (I think this might be Michigan's replacement)
(MSU) - EA (pretty sure this is Michigan's replacement)
(Minnesota) - Wisconsin

So they're all listed with only 1 rivalry, and 2 of the 5 teams didn't have 1 of my replacements as their only rival.

I don't care about this enough (since I don't use TB teams) to bother trying to figure out the pattern for which rivalry it'll keep. However, given that USC and Wisconsin were kept as rivals, it's clearly not alphabetical (although I suppose it could be reverse alphabetical since Wisconsin and USC are likely Minnesota's and ND's last rival and Ohio is Michigan's last alphabetical rival, so in my small sample size there are 3 that fit that pattern).

Last edited by jello1717; 12-07-2014 at 04:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »