Home

Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss)

This is a discussion on Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

rebelfan10's Arena

OVR: 7
Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss)

For the past few years EA made the South End zone look like a couple of sets of high school bleachers on top of the stadium. They finally corrected the stadium to reflect the Rebel Club and South Suites. I am looking forward to this game as I am every year.

http://www.nintendo.com/gameminiav?g...4-de3550bc5cf6
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss)

How could you make out the stadium in that 3 second video clip of Ole Miss?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

The stadium fixes at aole miss should make the game great.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Man, he was just praising EA for their hard work during the offseason. It's quite easy to tell that actually if you pause the video, click on the slider, and arrow-right or arrow-left to go frame-by-frame and see the new south endzone in the background. It looks great with all the fans jammed in there and is photo-realistic with the real thing.

As for your comment, I think it's typical of your type. Afterall, EA has always said if it's in the game, well you know. It's the little things that make this game great. Of course, the state of Georgia is the only one that matters in this game according to you.

I know about 116 other Division 1A teams' fans that would have something to say about that.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

"As for your comment, I think it's typical of your type. Afterall, EA has always said if it's in the game, well you know. It's the little things that make this game great. Of course, the state of Georgia is the only one that matters in this game according to you. "

EA does not approve the stadiums, the schools do. If Ole Miss's Stadium was wrong, it was Ole Miss's fault. I also don't care if UGA stadium is wrong. I play the game for what is imporant, the game play. IF I wanted to look at Sanford stadium I would go there or buy pictures. Also last year Ole Miss fans were actiling like the world was over b/c their stadium was not correct. Try learning whats going before trying to be cute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Well while we all want gameplay to be the greatest thing. Part of what makes NCAA so much better then Madden and one of the MAJOR things EA is focusing on this year IS stadiums. And as a Arizona State/Penn State fan, I'd like to play in as close to a resemblance of those stadiums as possible. Its kind of like an RPG. You want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere and feel like "You're in the game." So yes the fans of all 117 schools would love to see their stadiums done as accurate as possible, and when they aren't or something they feel is important is left out, they feel a little slighted.

Not only that, but after a season or two of dyansty mode, I mostly sim. The only time I play after that is when I play ROAD games. I've seen my stadium enough after awhile so I want to experience other stadiums that I"ve never personally been to. So I love being Penn State and playing at Purdue or Iowa or wherever because I've never been there, or even Michigan and Ohio State where I have been, just to see how close they came to the real thing.

So I think any little improvements they make in those areas are definitely worth it.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:04 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

** Missing: AudioVideo from the pipeline! **
Old 05-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #8
Rookie

I tend to agree. I think it's the attention to detail that makes this game great. If stadiums weren't important, then EA would just have a grassy field with players doing their thing in their respective uniforms. There would be no need for a crowd or pre-game entrances.

It's also premature to proclaim that Ole Miss fans are suddenly coming out of the woodwork about this feature. I've only seen one post on this and a few replies in the process. The post isn't even "hot" yet. And even if they did gush over this feature, I say more power to them for being the college football fans that they are.

Fanatical support is what makes college football great, and I can only hope that every fan can post about their sudden excitement over new features in the game without having to quell their anticipations. I look forward to reading about what EA did for each fan's school in the days to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »