Home

What about dropped passes...?

This is a discussion on What about dropped passes...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 03:16 AM   #17
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What about dropped passes...?

More bad throws or less accurate throws and taking a page from VC and have DBs knocking the ball loose. Or postioning of DB causing a tougher throw.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #18
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Yes hopefully this is fixed. So frustrating to hit a wide open wr and have him drop it. Especially on screens when no one is around and it just bounces off...aaah!

Right on, Dookie. This is by far the worst aspect of the dropped balls. I guy can catch the ball in triple coverage yet can't catch a slowly thrown screen pass? Pleeeeassseee, EA Sports. Gotta fix that.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #19
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I have no problem with dropped passes because I don't expect my players to be perfect. The thing that gets me is when a good receiver drops an easy pass, for example: I usually play as Ohio State, and in real life, Krenzel to Jenkins on a quick slant was one of our money plays. Jenkins simply never dropped those passes. But in NCAA, I saw Jenkins drop the same pass like 4 and 5 times in a row. That just does not happen, especially with a receiver as good as Jenkins. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I don't think I am.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Bad_Intentions said:

But I think is one huge flaw of NCAA and Madden is o-line/d-line interaction, I'm not saying ea should bite ESPN, but they should try to get a more realistic pass rush and O-line play.. If you just look at a replay on NCAA the tackles most of the time in pass situations drive the end like 2 or 3 yards back, the tackles dont get any push and the Left Tackles(or whomever is playing left tackle) just absolutely dominates. This gives the QB all day to throw . So the reason QB's dont throw off target alot to me is b/c he isn't pressured all that much...

What level are you playing, Bad_Intentions? If not Heisman, move up to that and see if you have all day. It seems I am constantly running for my damn life. If on Heisman, is your o-line the early 90s Huskers?????
Old 05-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 17

i play on AA with someones sliders(lol i forgot whose), but I tried Heisman and that opened up a whole different can of worms as far as problems are concerned so I chose to stick to AA with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 06:10 PM   #22
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

HomerSimpson said:
Quote:

Bad_Intentions said:

But I think is one huge flaw of NCAA and Madden is o-line/d-line interaction, I'm not saying ea should bite ESPN, but they should try to get a more realistic pass rush and O-line play.. If you just look at a replay on NCAA the tackles most of the time in pass situations drive the end like 2 or 3 yards back, the tackles dont get any push and the Left Tackles(or whomever is playing left tackle) just absolutely dominates. This gives the QB all day to throw . So the reason QB's dont throw off target alot to me is b/c he isn't pressured all that much...

What level are you playing, Bad_Intentions? If not Heisman, move up to that and see if you have all day. It seems I am constantly running for my damn life. If on Heisman, is your o-line the early 90s Huskers?????

I play on heisman and when I see the safties walk up I audible into the quick slants and it is there everytime, except when my WR drops the ball with no one around.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #23
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the result of the dropped passes has to do with the QB and WR rating. I dont have the drop passes often when I have very good recievers on my team. Also I think that the speed of the pass has a lot to do with it. Mediocre receivers just aren't going to catch bullet passes..Could be the reason I'm just shooting in the dark here
Old 05-20-2004, 06:28 AM   #24
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I NEVER throw bullet passes anymore and I still get a ton of dropped passes. There are more with bullets, but there are still drops without bullet passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »