Home

Accelerating the clock when trying to milk a lead!!!

This is a discussion on Accelerating the clock when trying to milk a lead!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Accelerating the clock when trying to milk a lead!!!

I was playing 2004 last night and it occurred to me again what I really want to see in all of the football games. I was up by 2 with about 3 1/2 minutes to go and was trying to milk the clock so I could get out of South Bend with an upset win. I generally don't have a lot of time to play b/c my wife is constantly on my case. So what I really want is for a button that would allow the offensive player to speed the clock up while waiting in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage. That way I don't have to sit there and watch the seconds slowly tick away while I am trying to stall and I wouldn't get bored into running a quick play, fumbling and having the computer return it for a score on me! It wouldn't create any advantage either way b/c I am not planning on snapping the ball until there is one second on the play clock. I wish the computer would do the same thing (accelerate the clock) when it is beating me towards the end of a game so, again, I wouldn't have to sit there and watch the seconds slowly tick away while the computer is tyring to stall. It would really allow us to play at higher minute quarters to get more realistic defensive statistics. I am not talking about a constant accelerated clock, but rather, the ability for the offensive player to do so when the ball is dead. I'm pretty sure the old Front Page Sports games for the PC allowed you do this, and it really speeds up the game without affecting the outcome or the statistics in any way. If anyone from EA of VC is watching, it would be great if you could throw this in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Accelerating the clock when trying to milk a lead!!!

So you mean like madden had last year.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Did Madden have that last year? I tried ESPN last year, making it the first time that I had not bought Madden since it came out on the genesis! If it did, I really wish they would put that on NCAA. I like playing longer quarters, but the dead time when you are tyring to stall or the computer is trying to stall can be brutal.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes Madden did have an Accelerated Clock option last year and it will this year too. I am not sure if NCAA 2005 will have it or not. I played 12 min quarters with Acc. Clock on last year with Madden.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I think he means an accelerated clock that you have control of. You could accelerate it when you wanted. I know what he means especially at the end of games. I think they should have given the option to leave accelerated clock on the whole game if you wanted.

I know when I got near the end of games i hated sitting there for :40 seconds waiting for the clock to tick to 1 before I sanpped it so I could take a knee.

And if you left it on you would have to audible directly at the line instead of going to the huddle or spike the ball more often. This is more like the the NFL, imo.

As it is I think that stopping the accelerated clock in Maadden with 2 minutes left in the game gave way to much time to score. I never felt pressure to move down the field based on not getting plays off in time. It was more based on that I didn't want to score too quickly and give the other team a chance to score as well. It always seemed almost impossible to stop the other team at the end of the half and the game.

One of the things that lead to high scoring gmaes in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't think an accelerated clock could ever make it in an NCAA sports series due to the playclock being 25 seconds compared to Madden's 40. That 15 seconds has a big deal with the accelerated feature.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

so he basically wants to find a way to cheat to win?
Old 05-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm not looking for a way to cheat to win, although it wouldn't help! I am looking for a way to accelerate the clock while I am in the huddle. For example, I am up by two with two minutes left and just ran for a first down. Rather than sitting in the huddle for the entire play clock to tick down, I want to be able to hold down L2 and have the seconds click by faster, so it won't take as long. The play clock and the game clock remain in sink, and you only accelerate the clock when the ball is dead. Also, only the offensive player can accelerate teh clock because he controls when he is going to snap the ball. THere is absolutely no advantage or cheating involved. It just eliminates having to watch the clock tick by while tyring to stall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »