Home

IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3

This is a discussion on IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: IGN awards NCAA 2005 best in show at E3

"I'd like to see things like:

Spring Practice
Spring Game
More transfers (I believe this was in the game last year but I never saw one)
Retired player ceremonies for outstanding players the next season
Being able to set training percentages in different categories
Gang tackles
Actual wrapup tackles instead of the bowling pin tackles that are currently in the game
Assisted/unassisted tackles and sacks
play editor
a LOT more plays per team
online leagues
A budget for your program (i.e. improving your facilities increases getting recruits and can help abilities, better stadium renovations could increase revenue for the future)
Franchise based 'on campus'. So like for nebraska you'd go to memorial stadium for games, to like Old father hall to check out grades, devaney for 'graduations', to the practice field for 'practice', etc. Have actual 3d representations of the buildings, or maybe just pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I like what they're doing this year, it just doesn't seem like they're doing that much compared to other games (like the mvp leap this year).

Taylor34 "

Dude not to rip on you or anything, but did you even play last years game? They definitely didn't have transfers. I agree with most of the stuff you want them to put in, but there is no way they could put in some of that stuff on the current systems (like 3d representations for buildings) because unlike MVP or Madden or ESPN football, this game has over 100 teams. There simply isn't enough memory to do some of those improvements, plus the system would be really slow trying to keep up with all of that stuff. Programmers might be able to do that when there are only 30 teams, but college football is too big. If you don't think they've improved it much this year then don't buy it. That's the best way to let them know that they need to work harder. As for me, I personally love the things they've added this year, and while there are still things that can be added, I will buy this game right when it comes out. Maybe when they come out with the next generation consoles they can add in everything you've mentioned, but until then they can only make the "minor" improvements that we've been asking for for.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:44 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Uh, yeah, I played about 30 games on AA of last years game. Was pretty fun. I wasn't sure about the transfers because sometimes they put things in the game, and then you never see them.

Memory is not really an issue. A dvd holds way too much information for that to be a problem (other than maybe the gamecube version). In fact, that's all the proof you need. A gcube disc holds like 1/3 of a normal dvd, and NCAA 2004 only came on one, didn't it? Hence, the capacity isn't really being pushed at all.

Taylor34
Old 05-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

This could be the best game of the year and someone will still say its just a roster update. So be it.

Doesn't change a thing to me. They've added features that have never appeared in NCAA Football before. Can't just copy and paste features from other games into NCAA in 10 minutes or 10 days. The fact that a Sega produced hockey game had the feature doesn't make it any easier for Tiburon to write, integrate or QA in NCAA Football 2005.

Larger rosters have always been a memory issue when it comes to the size of a Dynasty on the PS2. So breaking the 55 man barrier is much appreciated.

Athletes? Completely new and alien to the previous programming of NCAA where the majority of the players not only had to have a position they had to have a side of the field designated as well.

Transfers? ditto.

Interesting that one of Madden's new features was in NCAA first. Except instead of SI they get hometown newspapers.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »