Home

intercepting the option pitch-glitch!!

This is a discussion on intercepting the option pitch-glitch!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: intercepting the option pitch-glitch!!

I played in a flag football league last fall and we were allowed to throw 2 forward passes as long as the first ended up completed behind the line of scrimmage.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: intercepting the option pitch-glitch!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by MAC65UNITY
Old 05-21-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The definition of forward pass is any toss of the ball that goes forward or infront of the receiver. As long as the receiver is behind the pass and behind the line of scrimage, you can throw the ball however you desire, however many times you desire then throw a forward pass.

In short, a lateral is anything that goes exactly even or behind the passer, regardless if he uses the conventional passing technique or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 09:30 PM   #12
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

fistofrage said:
The definition of forward pass is any toss of the ball that goes forward or infront of the receiver. As long as the receiver is behind the pass and behind the line of scrimage, you can throw the ball however you desire, however many times you desire then throw a forward pass.

In short, a lateral is anything that goes exactly even or behind the passer, regardless if he uses the conventional passing technique or not.

I had to delete he is right
Old 05-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #13
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

thejake said:
Quote:

Bamafan3723 said:
It's not a pass unless it crosses the line of scrimmage. If the QB throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage to a receiver, the yards he gains or loses goes down as rushing yards. The same thing goes for the option because it isn't a pass.

Thats not exactly right. Its not a pass unless it is thrown forward. The line of scrimmage has nothing to do with it. A screen pass can be thrown behind the line of scrimmage but still counts as passing yards. Since the option pitch is a lateral, (thrown backwards) then it should count as a fumble recovery.

You're right. My mistake.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
Need to Read National Federation Rules for High School FB

There are some states, Alabama is one, that plays high school football under National Federation Rules. If you we will read 7.5.1 it will said at the end that "More than one forward pass may be thrown during the down." It also says in that same rule that it is a legal foward pass if before team possesion changes a player of A (offense) throws the ball with both feet (of the passer) in or behind the neutral zone when the ball is released. So under High School federation rules Yes you can have multiple foward passes on one play. I have never seen it done, but it is legal. You gotta remeber that NFL, NCAA & High School rules vary a good bit at times. Case in point the out of the pocket rule on grounding. This does not exist in High School under Fed rules. Out of the pocket and you ground it, it is intentional grounding.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need to Read National Federation Rules for High School FB

Thanks BAMAgrad. I was looking for such a rule everywhere. I have seen it done multiply times in high school games in Ohio, so while I was aware that rules change from state to state I knew those claiming that it was not allowed anywhere were incorrect.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »