Home

My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially

This is a discussion on My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially

thats tough luck but its just football. I lost a game with USC to Arizona State where my team fumbled 9 times and they recovered 8. The last one cost me the game as I was trying to set up a fg with 1:30 left to give me a two score lead. My running back fumbled at the 20 yard line and an ASU lb picked it up and housed it to give them the win. All of the fumbles were regular cough-ups (not bad option pitches) so there was really nothing I could do.

Yeah I was pissed but crazy things happen and it wouldn't be as interesting if everything happened the way it "should" every single game.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

one time I was playing Colorado vs Michigan, was winning, Colorado had one play with time expiring, heave up a hail mary bomb, catch it, and score for the win. So unrealistic...oh wait, it happened in real life

I feel for ya, losing a game like that sucks, but to me that's realistic...
Old 05-21-2004, 05:07 PM   #11
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel your pain, but listen to this story. I'm Ole Miss, up by 7 with with about 1 minute to play and MSU has the ball on their 35. They throw to teh completely uncovered TE (blown coverage, dumb AI right?) who is so open he outruns my entire secondary for a 60 yard TD.

I return the kick to about the 30, and throw long downfield on 1st down. My guy and the DB go up for it, the DB kicks it up in the air and right into the arms of teh safety, who returns it to my 25. MSU kicks a FG and wins in regulation.

Oh wait, that was real life. It happens.

Edit: mgoblue beat me to the joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I never have those types of problems on All-American.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #13
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

Quote:

NoleFan said:

gee you think?nolefan? Let me ask you a question,are you champ every year? do you have a heisman player every year? Do you ever lose? I feel his pain too but that is life. Heisman is real. All- American is easy like 2003 heisman. But i guess its all choice and what you like so i aint mad at ya noelfan
Old 05-21-2004, 09:14 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

MAC65UNITY said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:

gee you think?nolefan? Let me ask you a question,are you champ every year? do you have a heisman player every year? Do you ever lose? I feel his pain too but that is life. Heisman is real. All- American is easy like 2003 heisman. But i guess its all choice and what you like so i aint mad at ya noelfan

I play what I call Tecmo Style so All-American is plenty challenging to me. Heck, I lost the 2nd game of my new FSU dynasty last night to Maryland 32-28 after going up 28-6 early in the 3rd quarter. I play with Human offense/defense at -3 and CPU offense/defense at +3. You thumb jockeys can have your Heisman but this non-thumb jockey guy will stick to All-American.

*************************************Tecmo Style*****************************************
-On defense control whomever you control at the snap of the ball for the entire play
-On punts you only control the punter because that's who you control at the snap
-Same as above for kickoffs
-On offense you control whomever has the rock

All of this is just like Tecmo Bowl, most realistic football game ever made
************************************************** ********************************************
Old 05-21-2004, 09:19 PM   #15
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I feel ya sort of. Sometimes I think the name of this game should be called "Screw the hell out of Rocky 2004". I love the game but sometimes the CPU is just so cheap. It's if you are playing a higher rated team, it's already guaranteed that you that the CPU will get a "convient" super turnover or penalty. Pisses me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #16
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

MAC65UNITY said:
Quote:

NoleFan said:

I play what I call Tecmo Style so All-American is plenty challenging to me. Heck, I lost the 2nd game of my new FSU dynasty last night to Maryland 32-28 after going up 28-6 early in the 3rd quarter. I play with Human offense/defense at -3 and CPU offense/defense at +3. You thumb jockeys can have your Heisman but this non-thumb jockey guy will stick to All-American.

*************************************Tecmo Style*****************************************
-On defense control whomever you control at the snap of the ball for the entire play
-On punts you only control the punter because that's who you control at the snap
-Same as above for kickoffs
-On offense you control whomever has the rock

All of this is just like Tecmo Bowl, most realistic football game ever made
************************************************** ********************************************

thats is all good different strokes, different folks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »