Home

Coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Coaching carousel

Just completed my first season in game and I'm trying to understand how the coaching carousel works. I know what it is, and I know how it works in real life. Can someone jus help me understand how to navigate it in game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Coaching carousel

Pretty much you get offers from schools to come coach, then once that offer is gone you can't pick it up , and if you dont pick up a new job you stay with your team.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

I find it fun to start off as a OC or a DC at a small school and play through a season or two with a high success rate and then you take a stroll on the coaching carousel and work your way up to being a head coach at a UF, FSU, Michigan, ect ...
Old 12-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

So once I pick "sim to next offer" I can't accept any of the current offers any longer? And I tried to accept a job at eastern michigan but there were 6 coaches and it like cycled through each of us in a random order and then picked one of the other coaches. What's up with that? Even if I accept the job I'm not guaranteed the job?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
So once I pick "sim to next offer" I can't accept any of the current offers any longer? And I tried to accept a job at eastern michigan but there were 6 coaches and it like cycled through each of us in a random order and then picked one of the other coaches. What's up with that? Even if I accept the job I'm not guaranteed the job?
You didn't accept the job because it wasn't offered to you. You simmed to your next job offer, but it sounds like it's really your next "job for which you're being considered." You weren't the only one interested and EMU chose someone else. Keep going and you'll get an offer (you'll know it because they'll actually offer the job and you can either accept it, keep looking, or stick with your current contract).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Someone mentioned "working your way up", but I want to know if a high prestige coach can ever be offered a HC position at a low tier school. My prestige is A+ and it seems like the only opening that appear when I view the carousel are at upper tier programs. Even then, there's only an average of like 2 openings per off-season.

Recently I have become open to the thought of taking a HC position at a struggling program and try to build it up. Am I out of luck?
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 12-16-2014, 01:52 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Someone mentioned "working your way up", but I want to know if a high prestige coach can ever be offered a HC position at a low tier school. My prestige is A+ and it seems like the only opening that appear when I view the carousel are at upper tier programs. Even then, there's only an average of like 2 openings per off-season.

Recently I have become open to the thought of taking a HC position at a struggling program and try to build it up. Am I out of luck?
If you have high prestige EVERY lower tier school will make you offers. If you're the top candidate, then the top schools will offer you first (since they get top choice) but if you turn down all the top schools, every school below them will offer as well.

I just went through the carousel after my 4th year with UNC and 1 conference championship. Here is what the coaching carousel looked like (for HC openings) in 2022. I was offered the HC job at every one of these schools, but chose to stay @ UNC.

So I was offered the Texas and Stanford Jobs, but I was also offered the New Mexico St and UL-Monroe jobs too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (31.2 KB, 582 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks, that was helpful. I had never actually chose the "decline offer" to see the next lower teams populate the carousel list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If you have high prestige EVERY lower tier school will make you offers. If you're the top candidate, then the top schools will offer you first (since they get top choice) but if you turn down all the top schools, every school below them will offer as well.

I just went through the carousel after my 4th year with UNC and 1 conference championship. Here is what the coaching carousel looked like (for HC openings) in 2022. I was offered the HC job at every one of these schools, but chose to stay @ UNC.

So I was offered the Texas and Stanford Jobs, but I was also offered the New Mexico St and UL-Monroe jobs too.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »