Home

What is your most frustrating loss?

This is a discussion on What is your most frustrating loss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your most frustrating loss?

I've been playing NCAA (coach mode) since '12. Had some tough losses including my Kevin Dyson moment in a BCS championship game but tonight's loss has to be the most frustrating in my current dynasty spanning 17 years and overall (60+ years).

#1 99 Auburn (5-0) travels to #11 90 Wisconsin (4-1).

In the 1st quarter, we lose our starting QB. The backup moves the offense but we're down 12-9 at the half. A killer was getting stuffed on 4th and goal from the Badgers one and then seeing them drive 97 yards for a TD.

Second half sees more drives but only FG's to show.

With 2:45 left and up 25-21, we are faced with a 4th and goal from the 2. Seeing how we have been stuffed all game long in these situations, we play it safe and kick the FG - our 7th of the game!

Badgers then get the ball on the 22. They don't hurry up, don't use any timeouts while nickel and diming to my 32. We then tighten up, putting them in a 4th and 24 from my 46.

Four verts attempt is incomplete but a roughing the passer gives them a first.

Three plays later, we get a pick six to seal it - or so we thought. Another roughing the passer allows them to continue the drive.

The Badgers score a TD with :17 left.

We go to OT where we sack their QB and force them to try a 49 yard FG - which they make!

We get the ball and drive to their four.
2nd and goal - 1 yard. We call a TO to "light a fire"
3rd and goal - another yard - so much for lighting a fire.
4th and goal on the one - I'm so choked at this point I go to the cheese with a QB sneak.
STUFFED.

The game should have been a laugher. Seven times inside the Badger TEN and only 4 FG's and a TD to show for it and then their last drive.

We lose 31-28 in OT.

Disgusting.

Last edited by Trojan32; 12-18-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: What is your most frustrating loss?

Whenever my receiver raised his hand, I threw a ball to him ,but he decided to run different route rather than looked for the ball. Of course, I had several turnovers because of this.

My qb started to irritate me when he suddenly threw away or run with ball right after snap for no reasons. Teddy was reason why my UL lost to South Carolina. Come to think I've lost 4 or 5 because of my qb. Not mention my RTG ODU qb committed 6 turnovers by himself. Of course, he was reason why my ODU lost to NC State because all of his turnovers gave NC State 42 tds.

Too many missed assignments also started to irritate me ,but I couldn't do anything with that problems. This has to be 2nd worst part for me right behind secondary issues.

My secondary acted like zombie that caused my opponents had post big passing yards against my unit. For some reasons, my secondary often struggled whenever my team played on the road. This is probably most frustrated for me especially lost big games.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

I'm in my first year as HC of Hawaii. We're playing UTEP on the road and the game is back and forth. In the last 40 seconds of the game we had to drive 75 yards to kick the game-tying field goal. With three seconds to go, we make the FG and force OT.

UTEP scores a TD, we match it. We score a TD, UTEP matches it. In triple OT, UTEP inexplicably converts a 3rd and 15 for a TD and makes the 2pt. conversion. I'm hyped. We've already scored twice in OT, and now we NEED to score. First play of 3OT, we fumble the ball. I stared at the screen for 5 minutes with this expression on my face:

Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

jp18's Arena

Ohio State (user)86 overall @ Penn State 83 overall. All I have to do is win and I would have played for the nc. Up 15-0 in the start of the 3rd quarter, in a matter of 7 plays I lost all 3 qbs. I had to resort to Jalin Marshall at qb while just trying to run chew clock and get fds. Instead I managed to go 1/13 passing and 11-26 rushing. Ended up keeping my defense on the field exclusively. Penn State scored with 1:13 left to go up 21-15. I had a good kickoff return and started my march. I had the 1 completion for 18 yards and 26 yards rushing on this final drive with a total of 2 first downs in the second half. 3rd and 10 from the psu 33 with no timeouts and 17 seconds left. Instead of trying to get the first down on the comeback pattern I tried to hit Devin Smith on the post from the slot in the endzone. It was there but the safety made the hit as he was catching it and the Lb underneath the route picked the fluttering ball.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

This is therapeutic! 😑
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

The handful of times the CPU decides I'm not going to win.

When my every pass goes directly to a defender or 7 yards in front of a wide open WR. When every long gain for me ends in a fumble. When their RBs and WRs will only go down after being hit by 5 different defenders.

You know, stuff like that.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

I was undefeated #1 Oregon at #5 Stanford. It was a close game throughout but I was pretty much in control despite giving up nearly 200 yards on the ground to Barry Sanders Jr. Well I had the game in hand with a 4 point lead with under a minute left. I just needed a first down on 3rd and 8 to ice it. Looking back now I realize that even if I had punted they probably wouldn't have had time to score a touchdown. Well I decided to throw it to my receiver who was running a comeback route, but I threw it late (he wasn't even open; I don't know what I was thinking). Boom, interception and returned over 60 yards for a touchdown. Stanford wins. In the end, it didn't even matter because Stanford went on to lose another game and I won the national championship but it ruined my perfect season!!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Think I've told this story before, but I'll do it again. Just a free game in NCAA '07, I was USC playing Florida State. I got up 28-0 at half, and FSU mounts this incredible rally in the second half, capped by an 87 yard pick six (don't know what the hell I was thinking) with under a minute to go in the 4th.

I was forced into a 3 and out and punted. Stopped FSU on the punt return, and they had about 45 yards to go with only one play left. Drew Weatherford puts up a hail mary and Greg Carr comes down with it in the back right corner of the end zone with 4 guys draped on him. FSU won 34-28.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 12-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »